OT -- flavored water

Old January 27th 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Default OT -- flavored water

I had some house guests who arrived with a CASE of those plastic
bottles of flavored water, and when they left they didn't take what
remained, so I have almost more than half a case of that stuff --
which I do not like to drink. Neither do my neighbors. So, rather
than just keep storing it and tripping over it, I decided to try an
experiment this morning, and it worked out rather well! I poured one
bottle of it into my tea kettle, and added plain water for the rest,
and boiled it to make a morning pot of tea. Then I tossed in one
teabag of plain green tea and let it steep. It's actually pretty
decent tea, with a light fruit flavor. So, bottle by bottle I'm going
to use it up.

Any other uses for flavored water? I've got a lot of it!
Old January 27th 12, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Den 27-01-2012 15:39, Mary skrev:
I had some house guests who arrived with a CASE of those plastic
bottles of flavored water, and when they left they didn't take what
remained, so I have almost more than half a case of that stuff --
which I do not like to drink. Neither do my neighbors. So, rather
than just keep storing it and tripping over it, I decided to try an
experiment this morning, and it worked out rather well! I poured one
bottle of it into my tea kettle, and added plain water for the rest,
and boiled it to make a morning pot of tea. Then I tossed in one
teabag of plain green tea and let it steep. It's actually pretty
decent tea, with a light fruit flavor. So, bottle by bottle I'm going
to use it up.

Any other uses for flavored water? I've got a lot of it!

Maybe freeze it for flavoured ice cubes, for when you don't want some
other flavour diluted by water, yet won't mind the fruit flavour?

Hanne in DK

Old January 28th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

On Jan 27, 9:47*am, "Taria" wrote:
shelters are very appreciative of donations like this they can use.
Taria

Neither local shelter wants it. Nor does the church. I really
thought I'd get it out of my house that way . . . So, tea it is.

Old January 28th 12, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Golly, you tried everything! I'm surprised nobody wants the stuff.
Glad you found a way to make use of it.
Taria

"Mary" wrote in message

On Jan 27, 9:47 am, "Taria" wrote:
shelters are very appreciative of donations like this they can use.
Taria

Neither local shelter wants it. Nor does the church. I really
thought I'd get it out of my house that way . . . So, tea it is.

OT We have Hot Water melinda[_2_] Quilting 5 June 13th 07 09:54 PM
Hoe om water te verf?How do I paint Water!! Margaretha General Crafting 3 July 17th 06 08:58 PM
OT -- Water Dr. Sooz Beads 3 September 11th 05 12:34 AM
Florida water kidnapper General Crafting 4 October 18th 04 10:39 PM
water fountains fontesdecorativas General Crafting 0 April 1st 04 10:35 PM