buttons

Old January 28th 12, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default buttons

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

This was the 2010 show. apparently the 2012 show will be soon in San
Francisco. Lucky for all who live nearby!
Roberta in D
Old January 28th 12, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

What a beautiful show; just beautiful. I don't collect buttons on purpose
but do seem to have a lots of them. Did you notice the vest the book author
was wearing? Polly

news

Old January 28th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:36:18 +0100, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

This was the 2010 show. apparently the 2012 show will be soon in San
Francisco. Lucky for all who live nearby!
Roberta in D

That looks like a lot of fun, Roberta. Who would have thought there
could be a show/sale just about buttons?!? The vintage ones are
wonderful, as are the new ones. I really liked the hand carved wooden
ones - such talent. Oh, and I also loved the trees with the 'snakes
on them... I've never been to a 'button show' but can tell I'd enjoy
it emensely.

-Irene
Old January 31st 12, 11:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_3_]

Thanks for the link. I love and collect buttons - I have my grandma's,
mother and mother-in-laws button tins and I have collected quite a few over
the years. My favourites are the beautiful glass buttons.
I also collect old wooden cotton reels, empty or not.

Di

Old January 31st 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

DSisIL is a leading light in the British Button Society and has a
fantastic collection - mainly antique buttons.

http://www.britishbuttonsociety.org/

There are some links there - perhaps there is a group near you?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Buttons Sally Swindells[_3_] Quilting 6 April 29th 11 11:58 PM
Buttons....even quilty buttons Sunny Quilting 4 November 5th 06 12:06 AM
Mary E buttons and Daisy Kingdom buttons for sale carol Marketplace 0 March 17th 06 09:29 AM
Mary E buttons and Daisy Kingdom buttons carol Quilting 0 March 17th 06 01:00 AM
Looking for Buttons Kevin Sewing 2 October 15th 03 01:45 AM