Singer 6235

Old July 29th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default Singer 6235

Does anyone have this machine? I was at my neighbors today helping her on
her first quilt. She has this machine, and do I ever like it. She wasn't
sure what all it can do, so I played a lot. It is the easiest machine I've
ever used for FM--I fell in love with it. I'd happily trade my new Quest
even up for one of these. It makes a beautiful stitch. I checked e-bay and
there are none.
--
Gen
http://community.webshots.com/user/Coren920

Old July 29th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I don't have it GEn but I googled 'singer 6235' and got some results.
Looks like a mid-80's machine. If you really are interested in finding
one you can put it in an Ebay favorites search and they will alert you
when one comes up for auction.

HTH, Taria

Old July 29th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Thanks. I didn't know I could do that. I searched for over an hour
yesterday. I never though I'd be looking for a Singer, but this one has a
perfect straight stitch and free motions awesomely.
Gen

Old July 30th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in

I have a Singer 6267 which I got in 1987. I bet it's similar to the 6235;
maybe a few more "bells and whistles". One of the things I like the most
about it is that you fill the bobbin in place without having to unthread the
machine! The only drawbacks are that it doesn't have the needle-up,
needle-down, it doesn't have the knee lift, and it has a fairly small harp
area..........but I've done a lot of free-motion on it! I, too, have a
Quest.

Alice

Old July 30th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in

My previous message is shown in the From column as "Alice in". Where am I?
I'm supposed to be in PA! Let's see if it shows up that way this time.

Old July 30th 08, 10:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That would be the thing I would most hate about it! I frequently use
different colors top and bottom for FM quilting, and absolutely must
have a bobbin I can load elsewhere and pop in without removing the
entire quilt. (Don't even have to cut the top thread for this.)
Roberta in D

Old July 30th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

As far as I'm concerned, the Singer does a much nicer straight stitch and
does free motion much easier than the Quest. As
soon as I can get the Quest up for it's first year free cleaning and
check-up, I be trying to sell it. I tried the thing out for over an hour
at the dealer's and thought I'd really like it. I really dislike it!
Gen

Old August 19th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Peggyw

Peggyw had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Sin...35-108129-.htm :
Hello Gen. I have a Singer 6235 that I am selling if you're interested.
It's in excellent working order with manual and I also have the 1/4" guide
foot and walking foot to go with it. It's terrific for quilting. If
you're interested just e-mail me at

What country are you in?

Gen wrote:

Does anyone have this machine? I was at my neighbors today helping her
on
her first quilt. She has this machine, and do I ever like it. She
wasn't
sure what all it can do, so I played a lot. It is the easiest machine
I've
ever used for FM--I fell in love with it. I'd happily trade my new
Quest
even up for one of these. It makes a beautiful stitch. I checked
e-bay and
there are none.

-------------------------------------
Peggy in Ontario

Delivered via
http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 107675 messages and counting!

Old January 27th 12, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
6235Lover

responding to http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Sin...35-108129-.htm
6235Lover wrote:

Gen wrote:

I bought one new in the early 80's in Seattle. I loved it. I paid about
$569 for it then!!!!! I basically wore it out (or so I thought, it really
needed to be serviced, but I gave it away when I moved). I found one on
ebay a few weeks ago. It's in great shape. I see them quite often on ebay
and also on shopgoodwill.com. Also, if you look on google images for
Singer Sewing Machine 6235, it will bring up pictures of machines that
people are selling from craigslist or other sources. You'll find one,
just keep looking. I think the newer Singer "commercial grade" machines
are an updated version of this machine.

Does anyone have this machine? I was at my neighbors today helping her
on
her first quilt. She has this machine, and do I ever like it. She
wasn't
sure what all it can do, so I played a lot. It is the easiest machine
I've
ever used for FM--I fell in love with it. I'd happily trade my new
Quest
even up for one of these. It makes a beautiful stitch. I checked
e-bay and
there are none.

Singer 401 and 500 and Singer CG-500 McIntoshDonnie Sewing 0 October 12th 06 09:01 PM
Singer 323/322 Colleen57 Machine Knit 0 May 15th 06 07:30 AM
SInger 401 A Pat in Virginia Quilting 11 February 16th 06 01:28 PM
Vintage Singer OT More singer advice needed Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 December 9th 03 12:41 PM
Old Singer gail Sewing 2 September 11th 03 12:56 AM