How do you organize your beads?

Old September 16th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default How do you organize your beads?

Maybe you should just dump them in the bathtub, then they'd be altogether
and easy to access! LOL

No kidding, a local fabric/craft store in an old schoolhouse - really cool
to treasure hunt in - has an old clawfoot bathtub full of buttons in one of
the showrooms - it is so much fun to play around in it!

Seriously, about 75% my beads are so organized I have no idea what I have
anymore - and the rest have escaped and are running around everywhere. Then
somehow all the other stuff I was trying to organize buried the other stuff
I was trying to organize - chaos doesn't begin to describe it.

Sigh....
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
I've seen them a million times, walking through Home Depot or something
but have never really looked at one. Looking in the catalog, they just
look so cool. All that space!

And I was sitting here thinking that we never use our bath tub because we
have a separate shower. I've probably taken 3-4 baths in there over the
past 12 years. Lol. I'd love to get rid of the tub and have that space!
Oh yeah, hubby's going to go for that.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jerri -- That's actually a really good idea. And you can spray paint
'em with Rustoleum to match your bedroom's decor. Plus you can line
some drawers with silver cloth!

```````````````````````````````````
Beadbimbo wrote:
Does anybody have any good organizing tips?

This is probably overkill, and I'd have to look at one in person, but we
got
a Harbor Freight catalog the other day, and I keep looking at those huge
tool chests. You know the ones on wheels with tons of drawers? I'm
just
thinking, "Wow, that would hold a lot of beads!"

And I'm sure my hubby would LOVE me making that part of the bedroom
decor.
It's bad enough that I have a desk with all my jewerly stuff in there
and
it's messy 90% of the time. (Creative mess, you know.)

Today, hubby brought home one of those hanging jewelry bags that has 90
compartments. He thought I might want to try this because it can hold a
lot
and I can see everything.

I'd love to hear some other ideas before I ask for a huge tool chest for
my
b.day or something!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old September 23rd 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Sooz has a freaking bead store in her house. I'm SO jealous!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Beckibead" wrote in message
ups.com...

The Dr. (Sooz) actually has the best bead storage I have seen yet. She
has map or architectural cabinets, with the shallow drawers, and within
them plastic containers of sorted beads. The beads are sorted by color
within an inch of their lives, LOL -- i.e. dark green, medium green,
light green, etc. You can find anything in there and find it quickly.
I really love it.

Becki