[Ganoksin Video Library] Making Joints with PMC

Old June 15th 05, 04:19 PM
Ganoksin

Default [Ganoksin Video Library] Making Joints with PMC

The Ganoksin Project
S i n c e 1 9 9 6
Jewelry Manufacturing Methods and Techniques
http://www.ganoksin.com

Now playing: Making Joints with PMC
1.02 min streaming video clip
Available in PC and MAC formats

Precious Metal Clay elements can usually be joined by simply
pressing the parts together. This short clip demonstrates edge,
butt,and lapped joints.....

http://www.ganoksin.com/video/

Enjoy
Hanuman

Old June 16th 05, 03:45 PM
Ganoksin

Razine Wenneker wrote:
Can't get any of the videos to appear. What am I doing incorrectly? Thank
you.

RW

If you are using PC than make sure that you have windows media player
installed. We also offer MAC format [MP4] that needs QuickTime.

hth
hanuman

Old June 16th 05, 03:52 PM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:45:11 -0700, in È "Ganoksin" wrote:

Razine Wenneker wrote:
Can't get any of the videos to appear. What am I doing incorrectly? Thank
you.

RW

If you are using PC than make sure that you have windows media player
installed. We also offer MAC format [MP4] that needs QuickTime.

hth
hanuman

On My PC, I've got the Firefox browser set as the default, and I'm not sure right
at the moment, which media player it launched to veiw these files, but the
behavior was weird. The player would launch, a status bar showed that the file
had downloaded, and then it would just sit there, blank screen. Being the daring
sort, I clicked the "start" arrow on the player. That started the progress button
moving across, showing that the file was playing, but though there was now audio,
there was no vidio. Puzzled, I pulled down the "options" drop down in the player,
which fills the player's small window with other info. That didn't offer obvious
clues, so I closed it, and found that when that screen reverted to the main player
screen, the still playing vidio file was properly displaying and playing. Odd
indeed, as normally video files normally launch the player and play without
additional intervention. These required hitting the start button, and then this
weird routine to rewrite the players screen before anything was visible. No doubt
this is some conflict with software on MY system, rather than a basic fault in the
video file, but perhaps it's similar to your problems, Razine. Once playing
correctly, the video's appear well, and are quite well done, as one would expect
of the Ganoksin site. When i've more time, I'll try and fool with this, to see if
I can figure it out. I'm expecting some conflict with firewall, antivirus
software, anti spyware software, or perhaps it's just a bug in firefox. Dunno
yet.

Peter
Old June 17th 05, 03:11 AM
Jim

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:52:17 GMT, "Peter W.. Rowe,"
wrote:

On My PC, I've got the Firefox browser set as the default, and I'm not sure right
at the moment, which media player it launched to veiw these files, but the
behavior was weird. The player would launch, a status bar showed that the file
had downloaded, and then it would just sit there, blank screen. Being the daring
sort, I clicked the "start" arrow on the player. That started the progress button
moving across, showing that the file was playing, but though there was now audio,
there was no vidio.
Peter

Peter, I also use Firefox, and I found that all I had to do to get the
video working was to move the media player window a fraction of an
inch in any direction. Curiouser and curiouser...

Blessed be, for sure...

Old June 17th 05, 03:11 AM
Linda

I couldn't get them to run either when using Netscape as my browser;
they worked just fine when I shifted to Explorer.

Old June 17th 05, 08:23 AM
Ganoksin

Jim wrote:

Peter, I also use Firefox, and I found that all I had to do to get the
video working was to move the media player window a fraction of an
inch in any direction. Curiouser and curiouser...

Thank you all for the feedback. what a great [free] group of beta
testers :-))

Old June 17th 05, 08:23 AM
Polly S.

Razine Wenneker wrote:

Can't get any of the videos to appear. What am I doing incorrectly? Thank
you.

Worked fine for me with Firefox!

--
Polly