Laurey - I forgot to say...

Old September 28th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

Default Laurey - I forgot to say...

on that cat: I put the pink 'halo' around his head, with half an idea
of just making it a small round design and forgetting the body which
got real boring. I was just trying to shorten the project. When the
kitty died, I lost all interest in it and that's why I offered it in
this group.

Valerie
Old October 5th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Laury Walkey

I'm still working on tracking down the pattern. Was it a featured item
in an article or something from one of the advertisers in the magazine?

Cheers,

--

Laury Walkey (Miss)
BC, Canada

My photos: http://polgara.shutterfly.com/

Who designed this cat? http://polgara.shutterfly.com/214
Old October 6th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

val189 wrote:
on that cat: I put the pink 'halo' around his head, with half an idea
of just making it a small round design and forgetting the body which
got real boring. I was just trying to shorten the project. When the
kitty died, I lost all interest in it and that's why I offered it in
this group.

Valerie

--

Laury Walkey (Miss)
BC, Canada

My photos: http://polgara.shutterfly.com/

Who designed this cat?http://polgara.shutterfly.com/214

As I recall, there was an article about the Glorafilia store in London
- this was before you could get their stuff in the States. (This is
where I fell in love with their Monet design which I did buy later -
it was a bear but it looks good on my bedroom wall) I think the cat
pattern was a freebie included in the same article. I looked thru my
junk, thinking I might still have the pattern - or did I send it to
you? If you can write maybe to Colonial Homes, maybe they can help.
I think the issue was from August of `90. I am not even sure this
magazine still is published, tho. Maybe you can just freelance a cat
body with a lot of stripes, if you are bent on doing the whole cat.
Old October 8th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Laury Walkey

val189 wrote:
[...]

No, I don't have the pattern -- all I received was the cat. I
understand Colonial Homes is no longer in print but I've been enquiring
into the 1990 issues on eBay. I've also written to Glorifilia in case
they have any records from back then. I'd like to at least finish the
chest and around the paws as charted but the whole cat would be great.

Still hoping...

Old October 8th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

val189 wrote:
[...]

I will dig around the house here - I think I may still have the issue
- I remember keeping it cuz it had THE best article with photos on Key
West and used to save it for out of town guests who wanted a quick
idea about KW. I'll look and report back one way or another.
Old October 8th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

val189 wrote:
[...]

I FOUND IT - the magazine. What a memory, I'm proud to say. It WAS
Aug 1990, and the chart was on pg. 72. Alas, it was torn out and I
checked all my old charts and stuff and I just don't have it. In the
text tho it says that Glorafilia DID offer the entire kit for $35,
which was prob. pretty high in 1990. So, writing to them might be a
good idea, or writing to Hearst Corp who was the publisher.

oooo,ooooo, I'm reading the article again and it says that the tabby
cat pattern is from their book "The Glorafilia Needlepoint
Collection" , so if you can get that from your library or some source,
you're in business.

One of these years, that cat WILL get done. Good luck - you certainly
are determined. : )) 18 years is not TOO long for any given project,
is it?

OMG I almost forgot... Kalera Beads 5 April 20th 06 11:55 PM
I forgot the name.... Carissa Quilting 6 April 8th 06 11:10 PM
Forgot Funkytowngirl S Yarn 3 January 26th 06 10:23 PM
forgot the * Brian Christiansen Quilting 2 January 14th 05 03:28 PM