Magic Mike's Scraps Project

Old January 24th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Magic Mike

Default Magic Mike's Scraps Project

Hi all, I wanted to stop by and mention that even though I am no longer
sending out scrap boxes, I have a new link on my site to a blog where you
can request scraps from a number of various businesses. I don't have any
connection with the blog or the businesses, I was just contacted by
Kathleen, who runs the blog, and asked if I would like to make the scraps
available to people who can use them. It seems this is a blog for a number
of businesses that use different types of material and produce scraps that
they hate to see end up in the landfills so some of them are willing to send
out boxes of scraps to people who are willing to pay the shipping costs.

This is something new and I am trying to see how it works out. Again, I
don't have any personal dealings with any of the companies but feel this is
a good chance to once again help make scraps available to people who can use
them and put them to good use. I feel bad I can't continue my Scraps to
Wraps project and this is one way for me to feel like I am still
contributing to saving scraps from ending up in the landfills.

Please remember this is something brand new and there may be some bugs to
work out to get this project running smoothly so please be patient. If you
request some scraps:

Please explain what you will use them for so the companies know what you are
looking for and know what to send.
Please include your zip code in your post so they can figure out the
shipping costs.
Please understand that this is new and until everyone figures out how this
will operate there may be some bugs.
Please post a follow up message at the blog letting everyone know what you
used the scraps for and if you donated your completed projectsto a group or
organization, feel free to mention that also. The more people who post
their results, the more companies may be willing to help when they see the
great projects that benefit from their scraps.
Please feel free to email me pictures of your completed projects that you
made from the scraps and I will add them to the website to show others how
the scraps are being put to good use.
Please remember that since there are a number of companies involved, there
is no one person in charge of this offer. If you somehow get skipped over
for your request, do not post a nasty comment, but try to repost your
request. These companies may not monitor the blog on a regular basis so
there may be times when a request may go unnoticed or may get too many
this is brand new and I have no idea how it will work out or what kinds of
material are even available. If I find out more info down the line, I will
gladly pass it on.
Please post a message here and also email me if you request a box of scraps
and let everyone know how this went for you so I know whether to continue
making this offer available.

The link to the blog is on the first page of my website at
www.nepanetwork.com/magicmike/ and it will be the first text you see so you
should have no problem finding it.

I hope this works out for everyone and the companies can save lots of scraps
from the landfills and everyone gets great scraps to put to good use in your
various projects. (:-)

See, even though I am not on the newsgroup much any more I always think of
you guys! All the people I have meet and friends I have made still mean a
lot to me and I am always happy to be able to help the group.

Take care and stay safe, warm and healthy. ( If you are fortunate enough to
be in the warmer climates, hope you can keep safe, cool and healthy!) (:-)

Magic Mike

Old January 24th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Its so very good to see you again!
Di
http://duet.etsy.com

Old January 24th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Hey Mike
How are you. It's been a looooong time!!!!!!!!!!!! I can be reached at riden
at bellsouth dot net

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com
"Magic Mike" wrote in message
[...]

now this is brand new and I have no idea how it will work out or what
[...]

(:-)

Magic Mike

Old January 24th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks Mike.
I'm not a 'scraps' person (pass mine on to those who are g); but it's
very good to see you popping in.
Hope you're doing not too badly at the moment.
..
In message , Magic Mike
writes

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 24th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Rita, too Magic Mike's Scraps Project

Howdy!

Hey, look who else showed up for the party!!??!!

Good to see you both checking in, Rita and Mike!

Hugs to you and your loved ones (Howdy to Martin!),
Ragmop/Sandy

Old January 25th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Wow! Magic Mike and Rita all in one evening. What a treat! Great to "see"
both of you.
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Magic Mike" wrote in message
[...]

may get too many responses. These are things that we all have to try to
work out. Right now this is brand new and I have no idea how it will

Old January 25th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart

Waving to Rita too - good of you to pop in:-). Do let us know how you are.

And Mike - I do hope that you are more comfortable these days.
--
Cheers for now
Tutu

Old January 25th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Howdy Sandy!!!!!!!!!!!!Many don't even know me. It;s been a while since I've
been here. Too may health probs.

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old January 25th 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Recuperating from hip surgery and now on oxygen 24/7. The man upstairs
thinks my name is Job

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

,

Old January 25th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Thanks for the welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Stretch Magic Warning Candace Beads 14 June 12th 04 05:00 PM
OK, you've finished the quilt, now what to do with the scraps? Have fun! QUILTKITTY Quilting 12 January 6th 04 05:48 PM
AD-Sept. 6-7, 2003 Birmingham, AL Magic City Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 September 3rd 03 02:08 PM
AD-Birmingham, AL Sept. 6-7, 2003 Magic City Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Glass 0 August 21st 03 06:54 PM
AD-Birmingham, AL Sept. 6-7, 2003 Magic City Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 August 21st 03 06:53 PM