colour changers

Old August 14th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Sue

Default colour changers

Is it possible to use a double bed colour changer on a single bed machine?

If so, how please?

Sue W.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

Old August 14th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
steelbreeze

Sue wrote:
Is it possible to use a double bed colour changer on a single bed machine?

If so, how please?

Sue W.

You just leave the ribber bed in the up position, and knit with the
ribber carriage (set the ribber carriage to slip both ways). Use the
end presser plates to make sure your knitting comes off properly.

Regards,

Jane

Old August 15th 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Sue

Thanks for that.

So I would not be able to use a tuck stitch pattern?!

Sue W.

--

oups.com...

Old August 16th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Sue

"Rowan" wrote in message
What machine are you using?

Sue writes

Brother standard gauge.

Have just worked out that I can set main carriage to tuck even though ribber
carriage is set to slip.....is that correct?

I seem to be confusing myself with this!

Sue W.

Old August 17th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Rowan

Ah ok, Im not very up on Brother but I found this on a forum, hope it helps:

Hi , the KR-830 is a double bed colour changer.But you can use it for
knitting on the main bed only.
Stocking stitch , Slipstitch and Tuck stitch but not fairisle
You need to set up machine with the ribber in place.
Attach the ribber coupling arm or connector.
Connect the colour changer and masts as indicated in the manual.
To use for stocking stitch knitting
1.Knit in rib with waste yarn( you need to have the ribber combs and weights
in play)
2. lower the front ribber bed to the lowest postion, BUT keep the ribber arm
still connected
3. Transfer the stitches to the main bed.
4.Knit in waste yarn (For closed edge use nylon cord and then crochet cast
on)
5. Start knitting in your main yarn and changing colours as per stripe
sequence.
6.Note you can only have stripes in multiples of two as yarn is changed on
the left side.

assumably for stocking stitch, read tuck stitch if thats what youre using
: )
Good Luck

Old October 18th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Phil

For all your Craft needs please visit our online shop you won't regret
shopping with Calico Laine.

http://www.calicolaine.com

Best wishes,
The Calico Laine team
news

Old October 19th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
steelbreeze

Phil wrote:
For all your Craft needs please visit our online shop you won't regret
shopping with Calico Laine.

http://www.calicolaine.com

Uh, nice site, but absolutely nothing to do with machine knitting,
unless you count the crochet cotton!

Pastora the colour lady arlene Yarn 5 December 8th 04 04:49 PM
Need to change colour of the quilt top Ann Quilting 30 January 31st 04 01:32 AM
new spinning colour technique Cher Yarn 2 January 20th 04 08:59 PM
Colour Sets posted - which one do you like? Ann Quilting 33 January 16th 04 02:31 AM
DMC colour names Addie Needlework 0 August 6th 03 05:46 PM