Birds

Old May 14th 05, 06:03 AM
bienchat

Default Birds

The huge green caterpillars on the tomatoe plants- I've always been
told they are called Hornworms, because they have a horn (kind of like
a miniature unicorn type horn) sticking up on their end.....we've had
some really huge ones here the last couple of years and they are
really icky!!!
Marie and the cats
Old May 14th 05, 01:47 PM
JaneB

"bienchat" wrote in message
om...
The huge green caterpillars on the tomatoe plants- I've always been
told they are called Hornworms, because they have a horn (kind of like
a miniature unicorn type horn) sticking up on their end.....we've had
some really huge ones here the last couple of years and they are
really icky!!!
Marie and the cats

They are ugly looking. At my grandpa's farm they were called tomato worms.
He'd pay us I think it was a penny apiece to take them off the tomatoes...
(gone are the days!) and we'd bring them to him in a jar. They smell
dreadful. Glass jarfuls of monsters! Kids will do anything.

JaneB

Ick

Old May 15th 05, 02:01 PM
Hazel

We fed them to the toads. When we went out into Pop's garden the toads
would come hopping out waiting for their treat. We kids loved that, of
course! lol I'm not sure how he managed to "train" all those toads but
there were lots of them, from little ones barely able to gulp down
their worm to fat old 'grampa" toads.
LOL Thanks for the memories!
Hazel
www.hazelroselooms.com
www.hazelroselooms.com/workbook

Old May 15th 05, 05:32 PM
Matthew Hollands

"Hazel" wrote in message
ups.com...
We fed them to the toads. When we went out into Pop's garden the toads
would come hopping out waiting for their treat. We kids loved that, of
course! lol I'm not sure how he managed to "train" all those toads but
there were lots of them, from little ones barely able to gulp down
their worm to fat old 'grampa" toads.
LOL Thanks for the memories!
Hazel
www.hazelroselooms.com
www.hazelroselooms.com/workbook

If he could train them to sing and dance (like the cartoon frog "Hello my
baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal....") you'd all be millionaires!
LOL

Speaking of toads, have you ever seen the little microscopic ones that hide
in sand? When I was little, and again when Matthew was little, I saw them
in the sand under the swings at the park. They are smaller than your baby
fingernail.

By the way, your weaving is so pretty on your site. I love the bowl. )

Gemini