first faces in glass

Old April 23rd 05, 01:03 AM
Sarajane Helm

Default first faces in glass

so---for those interested in seeing the first batches of glass faces that
were made in molds I made from my polymer clay faces, here's how the first
two batches look before staining. I'm going to try the Liquitex acrylic
paint, thats one of two with good results on the Sharon Peters pages
posted--thanks again for that link, Tink and Kalera!

I'll post again when I get 'em stained. The ones on the left were poured
frit, the ones on the right are sliced chunks that have been previously
fired and then put in the molds...this may be too much fun, and eventually
I'll have to learn to torch... but for now, its a start.
http://www.polyclay.com/glassfaces1.JPG

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old April 23rd 05, 05:02 AM
mermaidscove_com

That's a really neat idea, can't wait to see how it progresses.

I think for purposes of the photos, the face detail is lost in the
color. If you ever go to sell them I'd try for a shot from the side so
the sculpture detail can be seen better.

Ingrid

Old April 23rd 05, 11:23 AM
Dr. Sooz

WOW -- uh oh, I see more and more glass on the horizon. Those are
fantastic, Sj!

Old April 23rd 05, 04:04 PM
Sarajane Helm

Thanks Sooz! I want to stain these today--and yeah, I look forward to
pouring /stacking more--these are fun. I think I really like using the PC
originals to make molds for glass!

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
www.polyclay.com
see the current auctions at:
http://snipurl.com/aiid
ups.com...

Old April 23rd 05, 04:07 PM
Sarajane Helm

I'll try shooting from the side, Ingrid. The face detail actually shows much
better--as does the glass color--in this photo as opposed to the scan I
tried. And the details will hopefully be much more apparent after staining.
I'll try a pic full on and one from the side when I get there!

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
www.polyclay.com
see the current auctions at:
http://snipurl.com/aiid
oups.com...

Old April 23rd 05, 05:32 PM
Dr. Sooz

Or you can light it from the side.

Old April 23rd 05, 10:47 PM
mermaidscove_com

I've thought about sculpting clay to have beads cast in metal but cast
in glass would be even better. I wonder if there is any such thing as a
glass foundry?

I'm afraid of heat and fire, I tried beadmaking but I couldn' t get
along with the torch. Haven't tried fusing, but I might someday. What
do you use for a mold material that can withstand glass melting temps,
is it a silicone?

Ingrid

Old April 23rd 05, 11:38 PM
Sarajane Helm

Ingrid, I'm using some mold material from D&L Stained Glass, seems to be
largely plaster of paris, with maybe more sand or something. I'm gonna make
a web page about using PC to make the molds---andI'm finding yogurt or sour
cream type plastic containers to be very good for small piece molding.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
www.polyclay.com
see the current auctions at:
http://snipurl.com/aiid
"mermaidscove_com" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've thought about sculpting clay to have beads cast in metal but cast
in glass would be even better. I wonder if there is any such thing as a
glass foundry?

I'm afraid of heat and fire, I tried beadmaking but I couldn' t get
along with the torch. Haven't tried fusing, but I might someday. What
do you use for a mold material that can withstand glass melting temps,
is it a silicone?

Ingrid

For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
glas FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 October 16th 03 07:50 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM