Do you Magic Mike Scraps to Wraps Project

Old February 22nd 14, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Lizonitz

Default Do you Magic Mike Scraps to Wraps Project

Hi All, I was just wondering if there are any old timers around that remember Magic Mike's Scraps To Wraps Project. I am curious to see if any of my old quilting friends are around. (Not that I am calling them old! (:-)) Rather, let me say any Cherished Friends from days gone by! Ha.

Magic Mike
Old February 22nd 14, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!
Mike? Magic Mike?!!!? Is it really you?
Cool to hear from you. Have received posts & emails from several
"Old Friends" this month. Nice!

Surprised to see some of these sites still online:

Many of the links don't work, but there you are, bottom of the page
http://www.oocities.org/heartland/ranch/4775/

Quilts from the Magic Mike scrap bag:
http://www.oocities.org/heartland/ra...5/stearn2.html

There you are, under the RCTQ Logo:
http://tinyurl.com/m2v7wom

And for good measu
http://www.redearthroses.com/quilts/rctq/ragchoc.htm
...because they're still my favorites.

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy - in beautiful north Texas

On 2/21/14 11:00 PM, in article
, "M Lizonitz"

Old February 22nd 14, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"M Lizonitz" wrote in message

Hi All, I was just wondering if there are any old timers around that
remember Magic Mike's Scraps To Wraps Project. I am curious to see if any
of my old quilting friends are around. (Not that I am calling them old!
(:-)) Rather, let me say any Cherished Friends from days gone by! Ha.

Magic Mike

I remember you Mike! Around that same time, toward the end of your posting,
I, too, was mailing out some scraps. Not as much as you, but I gave away
close to 500 pounds, for just postage. I don't have access to scraps any
more---------those were the good old days! UH, I am still behind in sewing
up those scraps, making things for my granddaughter, and the house.
Barbara, was in SC, now in FL

Old February 22nd 14, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Lizonitz

Hey Sandy, Wow, great to hear from you. I wasn't sure if anyone even uses the newsgroup anymore. Our Internet Service Provider dropped all the newsgroups for us and I wasn't aware I could access them this way.

It's funny because my wife and I have been doing road trips every year for the last several years and last week we were taking about my Magic Mike's Internet Quilt and looking at all the blocks on it and where they were from and I said we should do a road trip to see as many of the people as possible who sent blocks to thank them in person and show them the completed project. I figure it would be quite a trip and take us all over the U.S. (:-)

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Magic Mike

Old February 22nd 14, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Lizonitz

Wow, I wasn't aware of that, nice. Great job. It is amazing how much fabric can be kept out of the landfills if people just put a little effort into saving it.

Unfortunately, there aren't many factories left in the U.S. that still do sewing so not many scraps located locally either.

Ha, aren't we all behind in so much. Seems like there is never enough hours in the day.

Ah, sunny Florida, up here in Pa we may break the record for most snow in February since 1914 or so.

Good hearing from you. Take care and stay safe, warm and healthy and get caught up on those projects already. (:-)

Magic Mike

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 9:26:56 AM UTC-5, Bobbie Sews more wrote:
"M Lizonitz" wrote in message

Hi All, I was just wondering if there are any old timers around that

remember Magic Mike's Scraps To Wraps Project. I am curious to see if any

of my old quilting friends are around. (Not that I am calling them old!

(:-)) Rather, let me say any Cherished Friends from days gone by! Ha.

Magic Mike

I remember you Mike! Around that same time, toward the end of your posting,

I, too, was mailing out some scraps. Not as much as you, but I gave away

close to 500 pounds, for just postage. I don't have access to scraps any

more---------those were the good old days! UH, I am still behind in sewing

up those scraps, making things for my granddaughter, and the house.

Barbara, was in SC, now in FL

hand project for scraps jeanne-nzlstar* Quilting 3 November 3rd 08 03:39 AM
Magic Mike's Scraps Project Magic Mike Quilting 34 January 28th 07 11:03 AM
magic mike???? Brian Christiansen Quilting 0 March 7th 04 07:59 PM
Magic Mike's? LnWlfSoaps Quilting 1 November 17th 03 03:52 PM
FREE 100% cotton fabric available in California...Magic Mike me Quilting 3 September 26th 03 04:25 AM