Semi AD for UK people: Last Posting Dates

Old November 19th 04, 09:07 AM
Charlie

Default Semi AD for UK people: Last Posting Dates

Just to let you know, for any of you USAians that the last posting date from
the UK to you is now in less than a month if you were thinking about
presents.

This was a public service announcement.

Charlie.

P.S. Shipping for stuff on my website is £5 to the US!

--
Kallistos: Contemporary Jewellery Design
http://www.kallistos.co.uk/sneakpreview.htm

Old November 19th 04, 10:26 AM
Su/Cutworks

Charlie wrote:

Just to let you know, for any of you USAians that the last posting date

from
the UK to you is now in less than a month if you were thinking about
presents.

This was a public service announcement.

ROFL.

I thought you were reminding me to get my pressies mailed to my daughters!

-Su

Old November 19th 04, 11:49 AM
Charlie

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message

I thought you were reminding me to get my pressies mailed to my daughters!

Heh, that too! Are you sending them beadey things? I really need to get
started on family presents of jewellery. I'm making a quilt for my Nan too
that needs quilting!
Charlie.

-Su

Old November 19th 04, 12:05 PM
Charlie

I've told the boyfriend that after the big show I have in December he can
pick through the cheaper earrings for presents for his friends. He's doing
some photographic prints for my family so it works out well!

Charlie.

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Charlie"
:

]I really need to get
]started on family presents of jewellery.

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!
me, too!
each child and my mother are receiving jewelry made from Daddy's
silver. but the non-relatives always make me crazy!

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old November 19th 04, 01:17 PM
Charlie

I'm hoping to send off some of my waxes soon. That will be really exciting!

Charlie.

"vj" wrote in message
news
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Charlie"
:

]I've told the boyfriend that after the big show I have in December he can
]pick through the cheaper earrings for presents for his friends. He's

doing
]some photographic prints for my family so it works out well!

i'm creating my first tie clip for Johnny.
more firsts.

our new method of creating molds is working, so we're going to be
making molds and pouring wax all weekend -- to cast next week.

then maybe i'll FINALLY get to make some jewelry again!

Old November 19th 04, 02:31 PM
Su/Cutworks

Charlie wrote:

I thought you were reminding me to get my pressies mailed to my

daughters!

Heh, that too! Are you sending them beadey things? I really need to get
started on family presents of jewellery. I'm making a quilt for my Nan

too
that needs quilting!

Absolutely. My sis took a necklace home as her present and the bracelet I'd
made for Jen. I still have Rachel's here, she's getting something more
Egyptian for Christmas, and Jen's getting a big, bangly bracelet for
Christmas. All my friend have already put in their 'orders'. :-)

It's so nice to be able to give something they want that's handmade. I love
making gifts and now my girls are old enough to be past that 'designer'
phase they love having me make them things.

-Su

Old November 19th 04, 05:27 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy N-V wrote:

It's so nice to be able to give something they want that's handmade. I

love
making gifts and now my girls are old enough to be past that 'designer'
phase they love having me make them things.

It was more the designer clothing and accessories that were a problem when
the girls were teens. Our house was on the edge of a fairly wealthy
neighborhood, we were just regular folk but her friends all had Liz
Claiborne and the like every day. It was a struggle to convince them that
it wasn't necessary to their well-being to be geared up constantly with the
newest whatever.

That being said, we don't give her jewelry for her birthday or other
occasions. It just doesn't seem as "special" as other things -
because she sees Mama making these things out of nothing. Besides,
she gets her pick of things to wear every day. The only stuff she
truly covets is lampwork, because making it seems like magic and
because I don't let her wear my little lampwork collection. (Well,
she was invited to wear my cheap Indian stuff before I gave it all
away, but somehow that didn't satisfy her)

My little magpies love glittery stuff and jewellery is just up their street,
fortunately. They're both thrilled with Mike's lampwork and want more.
Lucky me, I get to make them something they'll treasure and it's all part of
what Mike does too. Can't be bad.

True confessions: this year, her birthday isn't going to cost me
anything. I took part in two of those medical studies at the pain
clinic and they gave me $125 in Target gift cards. Since she needs
clothes anyway, and she really loves "Tar-zhay," that's what she's
getting.

My first husband (the parental unit for both girls) worked at Target when it
was still Ayr-Way in Kentucky. Jen also worked there for years. I miss it
very much. There's only the hideous Wal-Mart here which I've not been in yet
and won't go to unless there's something I desperately need. I could
probably get whatever shipped from the US at less cost to my karma.

That's so cool about the gift cards, I'm sure Manda will really enjoy it.
As the girls used to say 'cool beans!'

-Su

Old November 19th 04, 10:07 PM
Charlie

yup, to be cast. I can't cast them myself.

Charlie.

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Charlie"
:

]I'm hoping to send off some of my waxes soon. That will be really

exciting!

????????
sending off waxes????

Old November 22nd 04, 12:38 PM
Charlie

Yeah, but I can't afford the equipment, have no where to put it and wouldn't
have a clue what I need or how to do it!

Charlie.

"vj" wrote in message
news
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Charlie"
:

]yup, to be cast. I can't cast them myself.

that would drive me totally insane!