Stitching on a train?

Old January 13th 04, 01:06 AM
Jenn Liace

On 13 Jan 2004 00:03:37 GMT, (KDLark) wrote:

"Fox in Socks" is my favorite. It always impressed the kids in the library
that I could read that long tongue twister at the end without a mistake! Lots
of practice...

When the tweedle beetles battle with their paddles in a puddle........

My FAVORITE Seuss!!!

By the way, 2004 would have been Dr. Seuss' 100th birthday. There is
a nationwide celebration going on in celebration. More information,
not only about Dr. Seuss and his life but also about the celebration,
can be found at
www.seussville.com/seussentennial ... in case anyone
is interested =)

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old January 13th 04, 01:49 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Jenn Liace
writes:

By the way, 2004 would have been Dr. Seuss' 100th birthday. There is
a nationwide celebration going on in celebration.

Keep your eye on usps.gov for the Seuss postage stamp, and on A&E for a repeat
of the Dr. Seuss biography show.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 13th 04, 02:47 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

KDLark wrote:
"Fox in Socks" is my favorite.

Katrina L.

I'm with you..."Fox in Socks" RULES! And it has the advantage of being
on-topic for me..."who sews Sue's socks? Sue sews Sues's socks."

Though in our family we also still call elephants "heffalumps" and
elevators "heffalators", too! I'm not sure DD#2 even knows why...it was
standard practice by the time she arrived. She just thinks she lives in
a weird family.

(and she's right)

Sue

Old January 13th 04, 04:21 PM
crewelwoman

Shades of AA Milne! I though we were the only family to call them
"heffalumps"! Should have known better.

Crewelwoman (long time lurker, rare contributor.)

Old January 13th 04, 04:58 PM
Ellice

On 1/12/04 9:21 AM,"Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen"
posted:

I'm sorry, folks, but it's Monday morning and I'm catching up on the
weekend posts and see a whole lot of "Stitching on a cruise" followed by
a whole lot of "stitching on the train" and I can't get Dr. Seuss out of
my mind...

Yes, I can stitch it on a cruise
And I will stitch it till I snooze
And I can Stitch it on a train
And I can stitch it in the rain
I will not lick my floss while here
I will not lick it anywhere!

Excellent - but do we wear hats while singing and stitchin' this little
ditty?

ellice

Old January 13th 04, 05:17 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/13/04 11:58 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 1/12/04 9:21 AM,"Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen"
posted:

I'm sorry, folks, but it's Monday morning and I'm catching up on the
weekend posts and see a whole lot of "Stitching on a cruise" followed by
a whole lot of "stitching on the train" and I can't get Dr. Seuss out of
my mind...

Yes, I can stitch it on a cruise
And I will stitch it till I snooze
And I can Stitch it on a train
And I can stitch it in the rain
I will not lick my floss while here
I will not lick it anywhere!

Excellent - but do we wear hats while singing and stitchin' this little
ditty?

ellice

But of course! Made of folded newspaper!
Cheryl

Old January 13th 04, 05:23 PM
LUSNMYMIND

And I can stitch it in the rain
I will not lick my floss while here
I will not lick it anywhere!

Excellent - but do we wear hats while singing and stitchin' this little
ditty?

ellice

Oh, yes! Let's do! And I have to admit, when I saw the subject headings I
thought of the Dr. Seuss books, too, but didn't want to admit it. lol After
three kids, you just can't help it I guess. *sigh

Rhonda

Old January 13th 04, 05:38 PM
Liz Hampton

Oh no - the one that DD and DS wanted time and time again was Hop on Pop or
Red Fish, Blue Fish!

Funny things are everywhere!
Cheryl

We read Horton Hears a Who so many times, we still call elephants
"hefalumps"....

"Fox in Socks" is my favorite. It always impressed the kids in the library
that I could read that long tongue twister at the end without a mistake! Lots
of practice...

Katrina L.

I was always partial to "Go Dog, Go". Do you like my hat? :-)))))
Liz from Humbug

Old January 13th 04, 08:46 PM
Darla

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:38:54 -0800, Liz Hampton
wrote:

Oh no - the one that DD and DS wanted time and time again was Hop on Pop or
Red Fish, Blue Fish!

Funny things are everywhere!
Cheryl

We read Horton Hears a Who so many times, we still call elephants
"hefalumps"....

"Fox in Socks" is my favorite. It always impressed the kids in the library
that I could read that long tongue twister at the end without a mistake! Lots
of practice...

Katrina L.

I was always partial to "Go Dog, Go". Do you like my hat? :-)))))
Liz from Humbug

For me, it's always been "Are You My Mother?" Imagine how thrilled I
was when it was the book Harrison Ford's character's daughter used to
teach Harrison Ford's character (Henry Turner) to read in _Regarding
Henry_! And of course, when a friend had her baby early last year, it
was among the books I sent.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.