Bead Stores DC Area

Old October 9th 03, 01:52 PM
EL

Default Bead Stores DC Area

I'm unexpectedly going to spend the weekend in the DC area (northern
Virginia) and I'm looking for bead store recommendations -- particularly
stores with good supplies of seed beads.

I have, of course, googled and looked at the various web directories, but
I'm hoping for personal recommendations since my time is going to be limited
and I'm on the eternal Quest for Seed Beads.

Thanks --

Elise

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old October 10th 03, 07:05 AM
Marilee J. Layman

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:52:03 -0400, "EL" wrote:

I'm unexpectedly going to spend the weekend in the DC area (northern
Virginia) and I'm looking for bead store recommendations -- particularly
stores with good supplies of seed beads.

There are no good NoVA stores with seed beads -- I have more seed
beads than all of them put together (and no, you can't have mine).
However, if you want other interesting beads, Star's in Vienna is
great. Star travels and brings back things you won't find anywhere
else (and if you like it, buy it then, there may not be more).

--
Marilee J. Layman
Handmade Bali Sterling Beads at Wholesale

Old October 11th 03, 12:04 AM
Marilee J. Layman

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:01:25 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Marilee J. Layman
:

]There are no good NoVA stores with seed beads -- I have more seed
]beads than all of them put together (and no, you can't have mine).

**SNORT**
now that's not fair! **grin**

Hey, I have carefully cultivated my collection!

Old October 11th 03, 06:15 PM
Marilee J. Layman

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:02:20 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Marilee J. Layman
:

]Hey, I have carefully cultivated my collection!

i don't doubt it!

but if YOU have more than any of the stores . . . don't you need to BE
the store?????

Nope, too expensive. And there are plenty of people selling seed
beads online.

Old October 14th 03, 02:16 AM
EL

Well, you're absolutely right about the seed bead supply.

I did find Star's on Friday (and the frozen custard store across the street)
and spent an hour or more rummaging. Bought some stuff, of course. Went
back Saturday with my daughter for more beads and more frozen custard --
pumpkin oreo, which was wonderful.

I also braved Tyson's Corner Mall to find the Beadazzled. Some interesting
stuff, way over priced, although there we a couple of small things I had to
have.

Arts Afire in Old Town Alexandria has lots of very nice lampwork and some
nice seed bead work. Definitely worth a visit just for the eye candy.

But I did think of looking up your address, Marilee, and staging a daring
daylight seed bead raid ....

Elise

Old October 14th 03, 05:25 PM
Dr. Sooz