Dust and fluff

Old October 2nd 12, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Dust and fluff

Those are the polite words our Japanese friends used when talking about
cleaning a serger. Dust and fluff is not exactly what accumulates in and
around our SMs but have you ever looked up? You can tip your SM back ever
so slightly (and carefully) and see a collection of fuzzies in/on/around
your lights. Gently give them a swoosh with your duster too. While I'm
here, I need to thank all of you for sending your donations for keeping the
gators well fed. One was captured recently weighing 647 pounds. Really.
That ought to teach him to quit being such a pig. Polly

Old October 2nd 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

But if the gators go on a diet, how will we cope?
Roberta in D

Old October 2nd 12, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

I agree, this is a fundamental question that must be - ehem - attacked.
There is the option of trying for more, but smaller gators? But the
requires some collaboration from said gators...

Hanne in DK

Old October 2nd 12, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!
Dear Madam,
The Pigs have spoken in protest: they do not appreciate
being likened to alligators. "It's insulting!" they say.

Meanwhile, as the magnet on the 'fridge sez,
"I'm acquainted with the concept of dusting,
just not as it applies to me."

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy - working w/ autumn colors and prints: WHHHHHEEEEEE!
(whee-whee-whee, all the way home)

Old October 3rd 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Never would have thought of it! When I dust (rarely), I only ever
consider visible horizontal surfaces. I sometimes do spot dust on a
slightly curves vertical surface. I will investigate the underside of
the top of my machine tomorrow in daylight. Did you find any on yours?
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 3rd 12, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh yes. If there's ever a blue ribbon awarded for creating dust and fluff,
I'm going to be the recipient. I usually stitch with Aurifil which sheds
very little. Maybe I shed. Polly

"Pat S" Never would have thought of it! When I dust (rarely), I only

Old October 4th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I don't shed so much but the cats and goldens in the house here are awfully
hairy. I needed to hem dh's new suit and ended up taking it over to dd's
house
so the thing wouldn't be covered in hair. It is dry and very windy here in
the high desert. We really know how to do dust. Undoing it another matter!
The sewing machine probably is one of the few things that gets dusted
enough.
Taria

Old October 4th 12, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We live very close to a coal-powered power company. We are proud and
delighted and grateful to. Dear friend applied for a job there today. They
asked "What jobs have you done in the past?"
She said, "Well, one time I washed dogs for a pet groomer."
Po Co guy wrote down: doesn't mind getting dirty
Heck. No. Bring on the dust and fluff but do carefully tip back your SM
and see if there's dust and fluff on your lights. Lights are good. Polly

Old October 7th 12, 09:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 04/10/2012 04:52, Polly Esther wrote:
We live very close to a coal-powered power company. We are proud and
delighted and grateful to. Dear friend applied for a job there today.
They asked "What jobs have you done in the past?"
She said, "Well, one time I washed dogs for a pet groomer."
Po Co guy wrote down: doesn't mind getting dirty
Heck. No. Bring on the dust and fluff but do carefully tip back your SM
and see if there's dust and fluff on your lights. Lights are good. Polly

I vacuum out the dust and fluff in the sewing machine and serger when I
do my weekend vacuuming. Really helps the machines!

-- Jo in Scotland