OT? Poly-cotton

Old October 6th 12, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Default OT? Poly-cotton

Dear All,

Went fabric shopping (not for quilting fabric, but rather to sew my
curtains and some baby stuff for family), and just about fell in love
with this:

http://www.stofogstil.dk/Katalog/Bol...rticleid=30662

The pattern is just so cute, a little brighter than my computer shows.
It is the one used in the "tent" in the pic on the page too.

However, it is a poly-cotton sateen (65% polyester/35% cotton) so what
to use it for? I'm not so sure that it is cotton-y enough for bedding
(this is a country of duvetcovers!) It needs to be something biggish,
since the pattern is quite large.

What (if anything) would you use this type of fabric for?

Thanks!

Hanne in DK
Old October 6th 12, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Possibly a duvet cover top with this really entertaining fabric +
curtains + pillowcase edges; using a more cottony underneath for the
duvet cover?
After all, the filling of the duvet will probably be a mixture at best?
..
In message , Hanne in DK
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 6th 12, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Hanne in DK" message ...
Dear All,

Went fabric shopping (not for quilting fabric, but rather to sew my
curtains and some baby stuff for family), and just about fell in love with
this:

http://www.stofogstil.dk/Katalog/Bol...rticleid=30662

The pattern is just so cute, a little brighter than my computer shows. It
is the one used in the "tent" in the pic on the page too.

However, it is a poly-cotton sateen (65% polyester/35% cotton) so what to
use it for? I'm not so sure that it is cotton-y enough for bedding (this
is a country of duvetcovers!) It needs to be something biggish, since the
pattern is quite large.

What (if anything) would you use this type of fabric for?

Thanks!

Hanne in DK

Looks like the tent is really a curtain covering a window. Regular curtains
would be cute for a child's room. Just my openion!
Barbara in SC

Old October 6th 12, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

I'm pretty sure the duvet will be down :-) But the two-sided thing is a
good idea.

I'm almost tempted to use it as one side of a throw for my, just
because. The colours fits my room.

Hanne in DK

.

Old October 6th 12, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 15:50:15 +0200, Hanne in DK wrote:

Dear All,

Went fabric shopping (not for quilting fabric, but rather to sew my
curtains and some baby stuff for family), and just about fell in love
with this:

http://www.stofogstil.dk/Katalog/Bolig.aspx?

group_id=9550&articleid=30662

The pattern is just so cute, a little brighter than my computer shows.
It is the one used in the "tent" in the pic on the page too.

However, it is a poly-cotton sateen (65% polyester/35% cotton) so what
to use it for? I'm not so sure that it is cotton-y enough for bedding
(this is a country of duvetcovers!) It needs to be something biggish,
since the pattern is quite large.

What (if anything) would you use this type of fabric for?

At my house that would become the room side shower curtain, or bathroom
curtains. One bathroom is coral reef, making the other Antarctic is just
so the kind of thing I would do.

Alternatively making it a tablecloth would also appeal. Orcas and
penguins, all the makings of a meal right there. Though real life
penguins would no doubt object and maybe even picket my house.
Now I have given myself a visual of the Madagascar penguins protesting
orcas in front of my house...
I just keep doing stuff like this to myself. *sigh*

Poly-cotton is just fine for tough use projects like curtains and what
have you, and it holds up to humidity or occasional damp quite well. So
bathroom or kitchen projects are usually a pretty good use for it,
especially one like this which is a bit more poly than I would normally
like for most other uses.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?