Crib quilt From Faraway granny

Old October 2nd 12, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Crib quilt From Faraway granny

I just had a brilliant thought. Scathingly brilliant. Overwhelmed myself.
When you create a quilt for a grandbaby that is far from you, why not copy a
picture of yourself (and Grandaddy, if any) onto one of those nice sheets
such as Printed Treasures (or other) and include it in the quilt top or
label? My 'grandmother' name is simply 'granny' but you could embroider
whatever you hope to be called; subject to change by baby. .. who probably
needs changing. Sorry. Got carried away there. Next time I do a quilt for
a family baby, count on me to try my idea myself. DD#2 says we only have
brilliant thoughts every 90 minutes. I'm down for now. Polly

Old October 2nd 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That is a brilliant idea! Might just have to try it. DD1 is expecting!
Roberta in D

Old October 2nd 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!
A picture on the quilt of the grans? Arrrrrgh!

"Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
And never mind that noise you heard;
It's just the beast under your bed,
On your quilt* and in your head!
Exit light, enter night,
Take my hand: we're off to Never-never-land!"

Enter Sandman, Metallica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI16yeav9lE
[*Metallica sez "in your closet"]

Oy!

Ragmop/Sandy - not picking on Polly, just drinking too much Dr.Pepper...

Old October 3rd 12, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh Roberta, I'm so pleased. Please God all will go well and you will
have your long-awaited grand-baby.
..

In message , Roberta
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 4th 12, 08:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle G.

Polly,
I've been doing that forever. I print my lable with a picture of the child,
all the info, and a small picture of myself. On the last one I made, I
even put the little song we always sing to her to go to sleep. I just
figure that when the child is grown up and old, she will like to see my
shinning face and her own picture and know her quilt was made with love.
Michelle G..

Old October 4th 12, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I never thought about doing this but it is a fun idea. I have a couple of
grandnieces that don't see me too often but when they were little would
come running and hugging because they thought I was my 'fun' sister.
Took me awhile to figure that they were mixing us up. Now I just remind
them who I am. (I always add 'remember, I am your pretty auntie'. That
always gets a laugh for some reason. : )
Taria

Old October 5th 12, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Why didn't I think of that? Polly

"Taria" wrote in message
I never thought about doing this but it is a fun idea. I have a couple of
grandnieces that don't see me too often but when they were little would
come running and hugging because they thought I was my 'fun' sister.
Took me awhile to figure that they were mixing us up. Now I just remind
them who I am. (I always add 'remember, I am your pretty auntie'. That
always gets a laugh for some reason. : )
Taria

Crib quilt panel Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 5 June 10th 11 03:51 PM
A crib quilt for Japan? Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 15 March 26th 11 09:56 PM
New Nephews crib quilt John Quilting 2 January 27th 08 12:15 AM
for the crib quilt makers Polly Esther Quilting 19 April 3rd 06 01:17 PM
Finished crib quilt Carole Doyle Quilting 22 November 2nd 05 07:07 PM