OT Funny spam text

Old August 24th 05, 05:22 AM
lisa skeen

Hello, I'm new, and this is my first post to this group. Your discussion
about the funny song reminds me of the old Geezinslaw (sp?) Brothers LP we
used to have at home. I wonder if that thing is still around?????

"Sally used to carry me home from school,
Sally was a good ol' girl,
She wadn't very dainty, she looked like a mule,
Sally was a good ol' girl
We put her picture down in the barn,
It kept the pigs happy, the cows forlorn,
but boy did the rats stay away from the corn!
Sally was a good ol' girl."

LPSkeen, Summerfield NC
http://www.living-tree.net

Old August 24th 05, 02:19 PM
Sally Swindells

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 04:22:51 GMT, "lisa skeen"
wrote:

Hello, I'm new, and this is my first post to this group. Your discussion
about the funny song reminds me of the old Geezinslaw (sp?) Brothers LP we
used to have at home. I wonder if that thing is still around?????

"Sally used to carry me home from school,
Sally was a good ol' girl,
She wadn't very dainty, she looked like a mule,
Sally was a good ol' girl
We put her picture down in the barn,
It kept the pigs happy, the cows forlorn,
but boy did the rats stay away from the corn!
Sally was a good ol' girl."

LPSkeen, Summerfield NC
http://www.living-tree.net

I not that bad : ( (sniffs delicately)
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old August 24th 05, 03:21 PM
Anne in CA

There, there Sally. Of course you're not. We all know that. And, for
sure, the Sally in the song didn't have a fantastic wedding hat ;-)

Its getting close now, isn't it, MOB?

)O( Anne in CA )O(
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Old August 24th 05, 05:21 PM
Roberta Zollner

Just wanted to welcome you to the group!
Roberta in D

nk.net...

Old August 24th 05, 06:09 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Welcome, Lisa!

Anyone who comes in singing is welcome to sit over here
on the fun side of the quilt frame. G
Tell us about yourself. Do you quilt as well as throw pots?
(I used to work for a potter and have some of his pieces
on display, and in use.)

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy --- quilting in north Texas *sizzle*

Are you Lonesome Tonight?
Homer & Jethro (RCA 47-7852, 1961)
(Turk - Handman / Henry D. Haynes - Kenneth C. Burns)

Are you lonesome tonight?
If you are, serves you right!
I'm so happy you left me at last!
I can still hear you roar,
Make the beds, mop the floor,
Do the laundry, and then mow the grass!
You took me for a boat ride,
I had to swim back!
Darling I thought I'd never
Get out of that sack!
Should you fly back again,
Park your broom and come in,
Darling, that's why you're lonesome tonight!

nk.net...

Old August 24th 05, 08:09 PM
Sally Swindells

Very true!

Wedding a week on Friday. Everything now arranged (though I admit we
have had very little to do with the arrangements as DD is 3 hours away
and of independent disposition). We just have to turn up, look pretty
and pay!!

Its at Eastbourne on the South coast, where, I am assured by DD the
sea is blue and the sun always shines, so lets hope it behaves itself
on the 2nd!
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old August 24th 05, 09:23 PM
Jessamy

hey I used to live there!!! and walk to Brighton every Sunday to see my
grand and great grandparents

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 24th 05, 09:55 PM
Anne in CA

I've been MOB twice. DD#1 got married locally and I got to "help" with
everything -- tasted menus at several venues; listened to CD's of lots
of musicians; looked at portfolios of several photographers; and helped
shop for THE DRESS. DD#2 got married on the other coast and I got to
write a lot of checks then show up for the festivities and smile.

Looking forward to being MOG next time (not for years and years and
years, though) where you are supposed to "wear beige and keep mouth shut".

)O( Anne in CA )O( -- crossing fingers for lovely weather on her day.

Old August 24th 05, 10:48 PM
Julia in MN

Anne in CA wrote:
Looking forward to being MOG next time (not for years and years and
years, though) where you are supposed to "wear beige and keep mouth shut".

Or as someone once told me, the role of the MOG is to "shut up and show
up." My son and his bride-to-be were very good about involving me in the
wedding planning -- it was fun. Did get a chuckle though when I bought a
teal blue dress and DS asked in all seriousness, "Aren't you supposed to
wear beige?" Can't believe that's 10 years ago already.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/