Very OT-- Update on situation here and stuff....

Old September 18th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default Very OT-- Update on situation here and stuff....

Hopefully I won't ramble too long here. Need to call the Social Security
lawyer and do some other stuff around here. G

What's happening in the Cook household? Well, Rick is finding more work,
now to see if it holds and he can get the money coming in regularly in
sufficient quantity. He is happier when he can get the work to do.G
We have contacted a lawyer to deal with Social Security and my
application for disability. And that may eventually help things.
However, being off my meds (because of no insurance to pay for them or
to pay a doctor to prescribe them) is causing some setbacks. As is
having to keep a "pain log" of what I am feeling like every day. When I
can try to ignore it and pretend the feet don't hurt I can block more of
it. If that makes sense. G

A few more good thoughts would be nice this week. The probate court
hearing is supposed to be Thurs. afternoon in Texas. Then we just have
to wait for the judge to approve the distribution of funds. That will
get us out of the hole and on our way to better health in lots of ways.
VBG (Including my Houston working "vacation" in Oct/Nov.VVBG)

So things are progressing. But slower than I would like. Would love to
have more energy to get some sorting/organizing done, but we cope with
what we have. And the temperatures are finally beginning to come
down... it is actually supposed to get below 80° at night this week!!!!

Good thoughts going out to those who need them. Congrats and Happy
Dances are being sent as appropriate. Thanks for being here and letting
me vent occasionally.

Pati, in Phx
Old September 18th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks for the update Pati.
When my blood pressure rose, as a result of frustrating waiting, the
doctor suggested I might go across the country and punch the culprit in
the nose!!!! I guess my BP would have gone down languishing in jail g
I'm really hoping that little by little, chipping away at these setbacks
will finally get you in the clear. It must all be such a worry. Keep
your chin up when you can - just keep a fist up for those devious left
hooks!
..
In message , Pati C. writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 18th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Hi Pati, vent away. You're having such a tough time by the sound of
it. It makes me appreciate having a NHS here in Britain listening to
your story.
I hope things start to move along more quickly for you.
Bunny Hugs Elly

Old September 18th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Pati-

Good luck with the disability lawyer. Filing is a lot of work- my word!-
talk about paperwork. It's almost like if you can manage all this paperwork
for the application it proves you can hold down a full-time job. And the
waiting for an answer is tough, too. I understand exactly what you are
saying about ignoring pain. When I hurt the most is when I work the
hardest. It's the only distraction that will keep my mind from dwelling on
the pain. Sounds dumb to those who haven't BTDT, but 'we' know.

I am keeping all appendages crossed for you- on all fronts.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 19th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Hang in there, Pati. I went through the disability process several
years ago. It's not pretty and they always turn you down first go r
ound. But appeal by the deadline and you will keep the process
rolling. It exciting to consider that you might get some money coming
in, but degrading to try to prove that you can't work anymore. I can
tell you that you are in good company.

I will keep you in thoughts and prayers,
Sunny

Old September 19th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

An interesting thing about Social Security. I used to work for them as
a Claims Representative about 23 years ago. Recently I went with the
mom of one of my students. The dad had been killed by a drunk driver
and mom with 3 children under 9 had to file for survivor benefits.

When I worked there, you didn't have appointments. You showed up and
waited. We now had an appointment. We showed up on time and waited 2.5
hours any way. Then when we were "interviewed" an application that
used to take me a half hour to complete and document and take a data
review technician 15 minutes to input now took the interviewer almost
2 hours to complete and input - most of that time with us sitting
there and him banging away on the computer. When I worked there, we
felt that the claimants' time was valuable and only kept them to get
information. Anything that could be done behind the scenes was.
Payment that used to take 6 weeks to make, still took 6 weeks.

Ahh . . . progress

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old September 19th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article , "Pati C."
wrote:

Hopefully I won't ramble too long here. Need to call the Social Security
lawyer and do some other stuff around here. G

Pati, I hope things improve for you soon and that -- at the very least
-- you'll be able to get the meds you need.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 19th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Elly wrote:
Hi Pati, vent away. You're having such a tough time by the sound of
it. It makes me appreciate having a NHS here in Britain listening to
your story.

it swings both ways, I was very severely injured by medical negligence
within the NHS, but despite that, I got far from optimal treatment,
ridiculous loop holes seemed to appear all around, I couldn't be
referred to both a rheumatologist and an orthopedist at the same time,
despite needing both, physiotherapists weren't even allowed to do stuff
that could have been helpful and that they were trained to do (go to a
private physio in the UK, same training, completely different
treatment), the list goes on and on, most of my injuries weren't even
evaluated/diagnosed. My husband then got a job in the US, which turned
out to have very good medical insurance, the amount of recovery I've
gone through in the past year is almost miraculous, time is a factor in
that, but mostly it's been access to treatment and I really have a hard
time with that, because it's massively unfair that I can get top notch
treatment and Pati (who's story I don't know) can't even get any meds to
give her some release, but it's ridiculous too how many people in the
UK are going through the disability benefits system because of lack of
treatment.

Cheers
Anne
Old September 19th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Good thoughts and prayers still bounding and abounding your way, Pati.
Thanks for the update on you and Rick.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 19th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

You have a very good point there Anne come to think of
it...........Dentistry in Britain being a prime example but I won't
even go there... Oh well maybe a little bit
I'm still trying to decide whether to give up her 'private' complete
care but expensive dentistry to be in a NHS dental practice.. with
minimalist care (and the possibility of gold crowns in the
future..yuk.. all I'd need was a patch on one eye and a wooden leg..
oooh arrr mee hearties Mind it's nice to have that choice I
suppose.
Elly