Entirely on topic grumblings

Old December 7th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Entirely on topic grumblings

Ok - I need to do some "crafty" shopping. Some black quilting cotton. Some
floss to make some ornament kits for an exchange. Some fiberfill Some cheap
pearly beads for a third project. Walmart is no longer carrying anything
remotely useful except for yarn. I was only going there since it's down the
road from work.
AC Moore is in the mall - no black fabric, but I can get most of the other
stuff there. But who wants to go to the mall these days. I'm not suicidal...

Joanne's in no where near any of my treks for the next two weeks....maybe
tomorrow, instead of doing my booster thing, I'll go to Nashua.

And I have ZERO holiday shopping down that wasn't done ages ago.....

Old December 7th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Your Wally World isn't even carrying any fabric? I'm so sorry. Ours
at least still has fabric, although no floss etc.

linda
Old December 8th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
m&m

On Dec 7, 5:21*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/7/09 5:04 PM, in article
,

" wrote:

Your Wally World isn't even carrying any fabric? *I'm so sorry. *Ours
at least still has fabric, although no floss etc.

linda

Not the easy to get to one and I'll bet "the super center" isn't either. And
none of the Joanne's are easy to get to, 45+minute rides....

The fabric will wait, so maybe tomorrow after work, I'll just book to AC
Moore and dive in and out.

can you find a black cotton sheet in Walmart or Target- would that
suffice?
Old December 8th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
roseannl

can you find a black cotton sheet in Walmart or Target- would that
suffice?- Hide quoted text -

Sometimes you can even just get a package of pillow cases alone in
case you don't need alot of the fabric.

Hugs n' Stitches - RoseAnn - Indy
Old December 8th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/7/09 7:58 PM, in article
, "m&m"

" wrote:

Your Wally World isn't even carrying any fabric? *I'm so sorry. *Ours
at least still has fabric, although no floss etc.

linda

Not the easy to get to one and I'll bet "the super center" isn't either. And
none of the Joanne's are easy to get to, 45+minute rides....

The fabric will wait, so maybe tomorrow after work, I'll just book to AC
Moore and dive in and out.

can you find a black cotton sheet in Walmart or Target- would that
suffice?

Well, there is good news and some bad news.

First - I've been fighting a cold and cold is winning. And it was quiet at
work, so I booked out early. Called the doctor's office and had to wait for
the "triage nurse" to call back. Being out in the fresh air felt good, so I
headed toward Nashua in the hopes I could get in there this afternoon.

So, good news, I did get to AC Moore for the floss and I did get to Joannes
for the fabric and even got 50% of my BIL's Christmas gift. And some
earrings for DD and Dsister. And even the PO for stamps so I can get some
cards in the mail.

Bad news - no appointment until 6 PM tonight.

Worse news - it is going to be snowing...

Old December 8th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I know black was "in" for the bed room, but everything I'm seeing is more
earth tones and taupes and olives. (why am I looking? DD wants a "new look"
in her bedroom)

A few years ago I was talking to the local paint retailer, a rather
elderly chap, who was bewailing the fact that everyone wanted to "paint
their walls with mud!"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old December 9th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Bruce Fletcher" wrote.
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I know black was "in" for the bed room, but everything I'm seeing is more
earth tones and taupes and olives. (why am I looking? DD wants a "new
look"
in her bedroom)

A few years ago I was talking to the local paint retailer, a rather
elderly chap, who was bewailing the fact that everyone wanted to "paint
their walls with mud!"
--

ah yes, but that "mud" is given names like mocchachino or bittersweet
chocolate, which is supposed to disguise the fact that it is brown brown

Dawne