How many of you ...

Old April 15th 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

Default How many of you ...

On Apr 14, 3:28 pm, chaddock wrote:
Um.. I can actually say I haven't experienced that type of anxiety. I
love buying beads, and it never fails that I'll run out before I have
an acceptable length for a necklace. But that's when my creativity
really kicks in and I start finding amazing combinations to add
inches.

But of course.. I'm still new, so I may eventually start hording :-)

Hoarding is normal, beads in particular.
I've made myself the best excuse to do so too, being a bead
store now. As I buy wholesale, I can get the same or similar
beads again when I run out (other than of course real lampwork
and such things that are one of a kind) - or before I run out -
most of the time. Right now I have problems getting 25mm
blackstone donuts.
I admit that I'm not trying very hard to sell any of the lampwork
beads I bought ...

I know I used to buy Swarovski crystals in small packs. These
days I don't bother with less than 100 (when I get the AB2X 40%
off they're close to wholesale prices for the same - they charge
the same for clear ones as for AB2X of the same size here - in
the same package size. If I want to try something I'm not going
to buy 1440 g) - I have put close to that number into bracelets.

I'll see what sells at the Glass Artist Fair on Saturday, and
then I'll probably order some more beads ... - and wire.

My main problem is lack of time. - And I shouldn't be sitting
here but putting price tags on bead strands.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Old April 16th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

Hoarding is normal, beads in particular.

I just never knew how much of a hoarder I was until I started beading. I am totally pathetic! *lol*

Sterling

Old April 17th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carla

Heh, just recently a friend asked me to make two necklaces that she
wanted to give away as gifts. A couple of weeks, many trips to my LBS,
and much ripping out of wire (and hair g), I had six necklaces and
said "pick which you like". Each design made me think of "something
else I should try", which led me back to the bead store

It's a sad, sad addiction

Cheers,
Carla

Sterling wrote:
You wanna know what really stops me from doing necklaces? I hoard beads!
I buy em up and never use them. When I get home from purchasing beads, the
fun really starts. They get broken down, counted, imaged, logged in the
computer, indexed and finally stored. I love my beads. I will sit at my
table, look at all my magnificent beads and think how beautiful they all
are!

If I were to make a necklace, I might use up those beads and they'd be gone!
Just like that *snap* one design could take away all those beads.
*maniacal laughter*

Seriously though, I really am my own worst critic. Many a time I will spend
hours designing something - a necklace - changing it till I get it just
right, only to put everything back because either I don't want to use up all
those beads or I've talked my self out of the design. The inner voices war
with each other over how good it looks and how bad it looks. God, I can be
so freaking schizophrenic when it comes to beads. Come on, you cant tell
me you haven't done the same at one time or another. *evil grins*

Sterling

"zipper" wrote in message
:
:
:
: Sterling -- I don't wear much jewelry, including my own. However, I
: design a bunch of them. I was intimidated by doing a neckless, but if
: you look around, most of the neckless designs are really very simple
: yet elegant. Pick a simple design you've seen and bead away! Change
: colors and types if you think the Beading Police have a stake-out in
: front of your house. You'll ease up on yourself and do more necklaces
: -- if that's what you want to do.
:
: shawn
:
:

Old April 17th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Apr 16, 1:08 pm, Carla wrote:

It's a sad, sad addiction

other than for the wallet it's healthier than even fudge.

Maren (fudge addict)
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Will be at the Glass Artists Fair at Hilo Art&Glass on Saturday
4/19/08
Old April 18th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
patricia2558

Wow, I never thought of it that way! I always wear bracelets and
earrings, very rarely do I wear necklaces. And you're right, I have a
very hard come coming up with designs for necklaces that satisfy
me..oh boy...time to look outside the box for sure, eh?
Old April 19th 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Well, yeah! And I'm telling you true, as long as they give you good advice,
listen respectfully or they might not chime in as often...

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

Sterling wrote:
[...]

"zipper" wrote in message
:
:
:

Old May 4th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
chaddock

Time for me to eat my words.
I took a close look at ny beads recently and realized I have no
problem using the "common" beads.. but the really nice ones (like my
Sleeping Beauty) I avoid like the plague. You are right.. if I use
them, then I won't have them anymore. I guess I was in denial when I
first replied to your message. I, too.. am a hoarder.

-m
www.jewelrybychaddock.com

On Apr 14, 8:28 pm, chaddock wrote:
Um.. I can actually say I haven't experienced that type of anxiety. I
love buying beads, and it never fails that I'll run out before I have
an acceptable length for a necklace. But that's when my creativity
really kicks in and I start finding amazing combinations to add
inches.

But of course.. I'm still new, so I may eventually start hording :-)

-m.

Old May 4th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

I have used some of my Sleeping Beauty, but still have most of it. I bought a strand of AAA
completely round pearls for $60.00 at a local bead show and I have yet to use them. I guess I am
waiting for the right inspiration to come along.
There's a little hoarder in all of us!!

Sterling