OT -- world cruise

Old September 19th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default OT -- world cruise

Sounds perfect!!!!! You could be a personal shopper. I bet you look
great in all those outfits!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Mary" wrote in message
ups.com...
This may sound like heresy, but I AM going on the trip, and AM NOT
TAKING dresses, which I hate! I am also NOT TAKING shoes with heels
and NOT TAKING hose! For "informal" stuff I have some dressy pants
suits (nice trousers, nice shell top, and nice jacket) and a nice pair
of very loose silk trousers and matching silk tunic shirt. I will
wear flat shoes and carry a small purse with a long strap I can have
over my shoulder. For "formal" I have a pair of black trousers with
an overlay of very loose black sheer fabric (looks like a floor length
skirt, but isn't), and several fancy tops (with glittery patterns or
metallic fabric or beading) and sleeves that are either short or 3/4
length. I will wear flat shoes and carry a small black evening bag
for those. For daytime, it's knit shorts in several basic colors,
which are no-iron and go with any top, and some no-tucking-in camp-
shirt style shirts, plus tennies and socks. I'll fly to and from the
ship in slacks and a shirt, and thus will have a pair of khaki plants
on hand in case it's cool on shore or needed for admission to any
places on shore where "modest" dress is required (and the ship program
will say so if that is true.) Flipflops and swimsuit and coverup for
the pool, of course, and a tote bag for daytime on board that will
have my ID, key, a paperback, sunglasses, daily program, and sewing
stuff (small kit and current block being pieced). Dresses, skirts,
heels, and hose are NOT required! And believe me, there will be huge
numbers of women just like me on board who will not be wearing
dresses, skirts, hose, and heels! Some will take a lot of very
expensive jewelry, but the rest of us will not. Don't let clothes
keep you from a wonderful vacation! It's not necessary at all!

Old September 20th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Mary: You are so right! The attire you described for
the informal (cocktail wear) and for the formal
evenings are EXACTLY what I saw on about 95% of the
women on my cruise last year (Celebrity Cruise, Alaska)
.... some had basic black skirts, some dressy trousers.
I suggest you also have warm shawl for evenings when
you go out on deck. Daytime wear is all over the board.
Comfort is key. I tend to go with 'polished but casual'
look.

Cunard is really top notch. We crossed the North
Atlantic on the QEII about 12 years ago. I especially
loved the afternoon tea. DH and I would be thrilled to
take the round the world cruise. Have a wonderful time.

PAT in VA/USA
PS: When lounging on deck, have a hand appliqué or
quilting project going, along with a quilting magazine.
That is a sure way to meet other quilters.

OT Alaska cruise Gen Quilting 14 March 6th 07 11:45 PM
still searching for a cruise [email protected] Needlework 1 August 24th 05 09:42 PM
A Bead cruise!!! Candace Beads 1 May 4th 04 05:55 PM
Stitching while on a cruise Cheryl Isaak Needlework 7 March 4th 04 06:15 PM
Stitching while on a cruise Cheryl Isaak Needlework 7 January 13th 04 05:12 AM