Finished my white gansey, which isn't white

Old August 22nd 03, 06:13 AM
H Schinske

Default Finished my white gansey, which isn't white

It's a dark gray, and turned out very nice. It doesn't blouse in quite the
pretty way it does in the Beth Brown-Reinsel book's picture, but there are two
reasons for that -- one being my figure, and one being that I changed the
bottom to a garter welt instead of a rib. Otherwise it fits very nicely, does
what I want it to, and I'm very much pleased with it. The only thing I'm not
very happy with is that the initials in purl against stockinette didn't turn
out clear at all, as purl stitches recede in columns but stick up when they're
horizontal. BB-R did say that the seed stitch ones are way more legible, but
the other kind are so *illegible* that I wish she had just left them out. I
might overstitch them in some way, haven't decided.

--Helen
Old August 22nd 03, 12:49 PM
Katherine Burgess

Congratulations, Helen. There is always a sense of accomplishment when
finishing something, isn't there?
your other question about Alice Stormier - I am not familiar with her
designs, in that I have never knitted one, but I have noticed that many
"designer" sweaters are not what I would wear. I tend to stick to the
basics - a nice Aran, or some other type of textured knitting, and intarsia
for kids.
Katherine

Old August 22nd 03, 01:20 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Katherine Burgess" wrote ...
Congratulations, Helen. There is always a sense of accomplishment when
finishing something, isn't there?
your other question about Alice Stormier - I am not familiar with her
designs,

LOL I guess that no one is familiar with Alice "Stormier". Alice "Starmore",
now, we have heard of. I have no idea what happened - I guess my spell check
was a bit too vigilant.
Katherine

Old August 22nd 03, 06:33 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Congratulayions Helen , By all means overstich the initials ,, sounds
great even so , but make yourself happier ,, mirjam