Could you choose the best 2 of these 4 pics

Old July 9th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Default Could you choose the best 2 of these 4 pics

Thanks Katherine, and I replied to your reply!

David

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Katherine wrote:

I chose and replied.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 9th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Georgia wrote:
Pictures 1 and 4 are very good. Picture 3 is the only one that isn't a
close-up.

Nice work!

Georgia
www.georgiamorgan.net

"David R. Sky" wrote in message
.bc.ca...
Hi,

I got 4 pics of a 'shrink' I crocheted, they're at
www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/shrink.htm , and tell me which 2 are
the best (including the 1 close-up - which one is that?).

Also, are the colors variations of green alone? ('variegated
green'), or are there also other colors?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm putting these 2 pics along
with others at www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/crochet.htm , including
text descriptions for blind people like myself.

Thanks very much!

David

I agree, 1 & 4

Dennis
Old July 9th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Okay, thanks Dennis - I've put them up along with notes at
www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/crochet.htm .

And to Sofia (I think) - tonight I searched for the yarn label so I could
scan and post here, I couldn't find it - but I _know_ I've got two skeins of
it, I only used part of one, I must have the other one somewhere in my stash
lol!

David

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, SpikeDriver wrote:

I agree, 1 & 4

Dennis

Old July 9th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

No problem David. The only things I would like to know , the nr of the hook
and the name or nr of the yarn. Oh, and I'll end up finding those somehow.
Never mind.
Have a great Sunday :-)
Sofia D

Old July 9th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Yes -- I agree with Hesira on the colors. I thought the second one was
closer than the first and fourth but not dramatically so -- The third
was the only one taken from a distance. That one showed your model but
not the detail of the shrink. Good work, by the way. Judy
hesira wrote:
Hi David,

I agree with Georgia about the good views. As for color, overall, the
shrink looks grayish green, of a medium to light value. The colors in
the variegation appear to be cream, blue green, and a dusty gray green.

Great job!

Hesira

Old July 9th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

David,

I was thinking the same thing when I read Sofia's description of the
colors. Color perception is a very personal thing, and 10 different
people might have 10 different ideas of what "green" is.

Hesira

Old July 10th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Default Yarn and hook for shrink

Hi Sofia,

I'll ask Ana about the hook size - I _think_ I know which one I used, I
don't label my hooks with braille or at this point have them organized in
any identifiable way. I'll also ask her to help me find the yarn label.

Happy Monday!

David

Old July 10th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Hi David, I'm sorry you are going to all this trouble because of me. Today I
bought a nr 6 hook but I think it isn't as thick as the one you used in your
shrink. The next one I have is nr 12 and that one I'm sure is too big. I've
got a lot of hooks starting from nr 0.25 and there's always a new one I need
and don't have :-)

Old July 11th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

No trouble Sofia, just more steps than if I could see lol! The hook says
"5.0" on it, nothing else, I hope that's a help.

Send me your snail mail address off-list, I'll mail you a sample of the
yarn. I haven't found the second skein yet, did find the first one but for
some reason I hadn't kept the label.

Bonjour,

David

New pics Marlys in Indiana Quilting 9 December 25th 05 06:31 AM
My show on Friday - a few pics of items - comments? Kandice Seeber Beads 48 November 11th 04 09:51 PM
Pics of projects granny Quilting 9 April 30th 04 03:39 PM
Woohoo! New Pics! MelissaInNJ Quilting 7 March 2nd 04 03:11 PM
New & Improved Pics are now up Marissa Undercofler Beads 11 February 1st 04 08:15 AM