Off Topic ......earth tremors

Old July 5th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

Default Off Topic ......earth tremors

Hello all you guys in Oregon, wondering if you felt the earthquake,
yesterday. They originated under the Strait of Juan de Fuga.....Otto and
I were having coffee. He walked into the kitchen and first I thought he
pushed the chair, but when a second tremor followed the first one and now
table, chair and I were shaking I knew it was an earthquake. Since the
origin of this tremor is closer to Seattle than Mill Bay I was just
wondering if I was the only one who picked this up...LOL Els the princess
on the pea....LOL

Indeed the news told us that there had been a small quake....

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 6th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Here in Illinois, and also living in California, I have found they are
sensed more acutely above ground level. Hope everyone is OK!

Georgia

Old July 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , "Georgia"
wrote:

Here in Illinois, and also living in California, I have found they are
sensed more acutely above ground level. Hope everyone is OK!

Georgia

Oh yes, we are just fine. We get more then 300 in a day, you never feel
them though....so I was just wondering if the Seattle group had felt
anything.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 9th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

I was in Minnesota - so I don't know if it could be felt here at my
home. I am back now and won't be leaving again this summer. Judy

Old July 9th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

Els van Dam wrote:

Oh yes, we are just fine. We get more then 300 in a day, you never feel
them though....so I was just wondering if the Seattle group had felt
anything.

Els

Hi Judy welcome back, do you remember the last one we all felt, that was a
much bigger quake. Was it you who hid under the library table...??? with
books falling down around you??

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 10th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

During the Nisqually quake - last big one - I was at a trustee training
meeting and under the table.
Actually a smaller but closer one a few years ago damaged our chimney
which has been removed and the real fireplace replaced with a gas one.
Thanks for the welcome - glad to be back. Judy

Old July 11th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article .com, "JCT"
wrote:

During the Nisqually quake - last big one - I was at a trustee training
meeting and under the table.
Actually a smaller but closer one a few years ago damaged our chimney
which has been removed and the real fireplace replaced with a gas one.
Thanks for the welcome - glad to be back. Judy
Hi Judy welcome back, do you remember the last one we all felt, that was a
much bigger quake. Was it you who hid under the library table...??? with
books falling down around you??

Els

I knew that someone out your way had sat under a table.

We get lots of training for the big one this way.....LOL

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr