Poll - quilting rooms

Old February 10th 05, 12:34 AM
frood

Default Poll - quilting rooms

I'm enrolled in a Quilt University class called Studio Makeover. It has made
me start thinking about how people set up their quilting space. I'm
wondering how many people have a room dedicated to their use. Do you have a
room for quilting? Do you quilt/teach/write/etc for money? or just for
pleasure?

My answers -
No, I do not have a room for quilting stuff. I use a corner of my bedroom.

No, I do not make quilts professionally.

--
Wendy
"I could *so* save the world if somebody handed me superpowers." - Dawn

Old February 10th 05, 12:48 AM
hfw

I've got the breakfast nook in the kitchen for the sewing and stash, and the
entrance foyer (!) for the frame with PCQuilter. Only for pleasure.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old February 10th 05, 12:55 AM
Diana Curtis

I do have a quilt'ed' room, does that count?
I have a corner in what we laughingly call a living room, we laugh because
it really is a dedicated studio with a loveseat for guests. There are tables
for cutting, piecing, trimming, pressing, and there will be a spot for a
sound system and laptop eventually. Heaven!
I dont do anything for money at the moment.... just for pleasure. ;-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old February 10th 05, 01:01 AM
Kate G.

Yes -- since 2 of my "birds" have flown the coop and I'm an "almost" empty
nester... I have taken a room to myself. At the "old house" in Minnesota I
stole away #1 sons bedroom for my quilting room; Since the move to
Michigan, my mother moved in with us and the two extra bedrooms have become
her bedroom and sitting room -- so my quilting room is in my quasi finished
basement. However, next winter when we do actually complete the basement --
I get one room (I'm fighting for a room about 15' square or bigger) for my
studio. Can't wait to design the space from the ground up!

And I quilt for fun -- for family -- and for charity!

Kate in Mi

Old February 10th 05, 01:06 AM
Denise G.

I have a quilting room. We're empty nesters and that room was ripe for
the picking. I have a very long cafeteria type table for my machine and
gadgets, a drafting table for my cutting mat and rulers, a peg board, a
design wall and a double deep, double wide closet made into a desk for
the TV and storage cubbies. I also have a 50 hole shelving unit for my
material over 6 drawers with doors for larger pieces of material. The
room also contains a twin bed for when the DS visits, but it's mostly
used by my 5 QIs who visit while I sew.

I quilt just for fun not for profit.

Denise in NH
My quilt guild:
www.amoskeagqg.org

Old February 10th 05, 01:11 AM
Bronnie

Hi Wendy
I have a dedicated room for quilting. 18 mths ago we remodelled a spare
bedroom for this purpose. Hubby removed built-in closet and custom
designed (my design) a cabinet with shallow wide drawers for fat qtrs,
paperwork, hanging file, bookshelves, closed cupboard for batting.
Very spoilt!
I have a large desk, and a side desk for the SM. Plus a moveable 5
drawer 'bits and pieces' cabinet nearby.
I made a design wall as well.
This is all for fun; no teachinhg etc.
Cheers
Bronwyn
Qld Oz

Old February 10th 05, 01:14 AM
JS

I have a quilting studio for me and my stuff. I am still trying to get it
organized the way I want it. I did finally get all of my fabric in there,
but I have way too much. That is why I am reducing stash this year.

I do not make quilts professionally, although I have sold a few in the past.
I would love to write and publish patterns for money, but I don't know where
to start.

Jennifer in Florida

Old February 10th 05, 01:20 AM
Butterfly

1: Room? Butterfly Studio for working, LR Design Wall to set up the
in-progress, Bedrooms to 'display' quilts, even mini one on Dining Room
wall--that was PURCHASED by DD for DH (long story ; )
2: No, and no thanks, anyway
3: Pleasure
Butterfly (good questions)

Old February 10th 05, 01:23 AM
AliceW

I am lucky enough to have a room for my quilting. This room also serves as
my computer room/office as well. It's big enough to allow me to keep my big
board up all the time and I have space for a cutting table as well. My
fabric however is a virus, I'm afraid and it is spreading to every room in
the house!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

:
: My answers -
: No, I do not have a room for quilting stuff. I use a corner of my bedroom.
:
: No, I do not make quilts professionally.
:
: --
: Wendy
: http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm

Old February 10th 05, 01:25 AM
maryd

I started setting up a room for my quilting.... painted it bright yellow (it
has one small window and faces east so fairly dark most of the day) and made
curtains. Got a cabinet for storage and a desk. That's as far as I got.
Cutting and sewing are still done at the dining room table.

--
Mary
"frood" wrote in message
[...]

Piggie's Quilting Winter..... Listpig Quilting 9 October 1st 04 12:39 AM
beginning machine quilting Patti Quilting 10 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM
Help!! Hand Quilting P8nPal Quilting 6 July 19th 04 06:09 PM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM
Quilting Thread question Carol Wolfe Quilting 9 July 15th 03 05:20 AM