my eyes are going....

Old July 25th 12, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
betsey

Default my eyes are going....

On Jul 25, 1:15*am, Betsy wrote:
On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey wrote: * thank you everyone for the advice! *will visit walmart today and see
what they have. *i have thought about getting the magnifier attachment
for my ott floor lamp, but keep thinking it might be a pain to use.

betsey

ps-betsy-is your son's name Nate????

No, I guess we aren't that parallel, though I take it we are both older
moms. *I keep mistaking young grandparents for parents at the park.

--Betsy

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...
Old July 26th 12, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Betsy

On 7/25/2012 11:57 AM, betsey wrote:

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

Wow, me too! I didn't expect that we would have an exact match there.

My youngest is 4 and I do feel old among the preschool parents. On the
other hand, I know a woman who is a year older than I am and has a 2
month old.

--Betsy
Old July 27th 12, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/25/12 2:57 PM, betsey wrote:
On Jul 25, 1:15 am, wrote:
On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey wrote: thank you everyone for the advice! will visit walmart today and see
what they have. i have thought about getting the magnifier attachment
for my ott floor lamp, but keep thinking it might be a pain to use.

betsey

ps-betsy-is your son's name Nate????

No, I guess we aren't that parallel, though I take it we are both older
moms. I keep mistaking young grandparents for parents at the park.

--Betsy

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

53 - with a teenage daughter... knew a woman at work our age with a
GREAT grand daughter - family history of having a baby around age 15.

Old July 29th 12, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
betsey

On Jul 26, 2:27*am, Betsy wrote:
On 7/25/2012 11:57 AM, betsey wrote:

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

Wow, me too! *I didn't expect that we would have an exact match there.

My youngest is 4 and I do feel old among the preschool parents. *On the
other hand, I know a woman who is a year older than I am and has a 2
month old.

--Betsy

it must be the name g
Old July 29th 12, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
betsey

On Jul 27, 6:54*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/25/12 2:57 PM, betsey wrote:

On Jul 25, 1:15 am, *wrote:
On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey wrote: * * thank you everyone for the advice! *will visit walmart today and see
what they have. *i have thought about getting the magnifier attachment
for my ott floor lamp, but keep thinking it might be a pain to use.

betsey

ps-betsy-is your son's name Nate????

No, I guess we aren't that parallel, though I take it we are both older
moms. *I keep mistaking young grandparents for parents at the park.

--Betsy

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

53 - with a teenage daughter... knew a woman at work our age with a
GREAT grand daughter - family history of having a baby around age 15.

oh wow. i could not imagine being a parent at age 15.
Old July 30th 12, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
betsey

On Jul 29, 8:31*am, wrote:

On 7/25/12 2:57 PM, betsey wrote:

On Jul 25, 1:15 am, *wrote:
On 7/24/2012 4:51 AM, betsey wrote: * * thank you everyone for the advice! *will visit walmart today and see
what they have. *i have thought about getting the magnifier attachment
for my ott floor lamp, but keep thinking it might be a pain to use..

betsey

ps-betsy-is your son's name Nate????

No, I guess we aren't that parallel, though I take it we are both older
moms. *I keep mistaking young grandparents for parents at the park.

--Betsy

i'm 47....and yes, i do have friends my age with grandchildren...

53 - with a teenage daughter... knew a woman at work our age with a
GREAT grand daughter - family history of having a baby around age 15.

oh wow. *i could not imagine being a parent at age 15.

But some of us would say - not that I had children at 15 - I can't
imagine having babies in my forties * *I look at it the other way
around, I hugely enjoyed my forties and fifties, much more so for
having babies in my 20s. * Back then I adapted easily to having kids,
most of the other parents at school were my age too and since we moved
so frequently with the navy, that was important.

Now as mother, grandmother, great-grandmother in my early 70s I am
really surrounded and love it. *My aunt, who no fault of her own, had
a baby at 52 never lived to see her son marry and create twins. I feel
a pang for her when I see all the pics he sends me.

So I would say, maybe 15 is very young but many women manage it.

i do understand both sides of the coin. I will say however, i know i
would not have been mature enought at 15. and with having an 18 year
old daughter now...would not want that for her either. for those who
do it, and do it successfully--i admire them greatly.
Old August 7th 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 8/3/2012 6:00 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

hey Joan - just imagine a soon to be 14 yo while in your 50's - not
regretting it for a second though

No thanks! Makes me tired to think of that! LOL!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Old August 15th 12, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

My round-the-neck magnifier is my salvation. Strong light helps a lot too.
Be sure you are wearing the best glasses for the work.

The eyes have it... Kate XXXXXX Quilting 15 September 5th 11 12:28 PM
Mag eyes and such Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 23rd 07 02:29 PM
Up to my eyes maryd Quilting 0 December 17th 04 09:14 PM
Eyes need help MoragP Quilting 2 September 22nd 04 10:17 PM
Vs: OT-My eyes and me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 2 August 20th 03 02:55 AM