RCTQ BOM for October!

Old September 29th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Default RCTQ BOM for October!

Yeah, I'm posting a little early. I just got myself caught up on the
pieced blocks, so I wanted to get this posted before I get myself into
another project or seven that are staring at me!

Have fun!

Dannielle

How this BOM works is I will post block patterns each month near the
beginning of each month. One is pieced, one appliqué and one paper
pieced. It is up to you which one (or ones) you would like to do. You
will work at your own pace over the course of each month. You keep
your blocks. You do not mail them to me. At the end of the year you
will have twelve blocks to set into a quilt. You keep the quilt. You
do not mail it to me (unless you really feel the need to give me this
gift!). You will then have your very own 2006-2007 RCTQ BOM quilt.
When I announce a month's block patterns, I will also include the
previous months' as well so if you decide to join along the way you
will have all the blocks. Pieced blocks and paper pieced blocks will
be 12" in size whenever possible and appliqué blocks will be whatever
I can find that is available. Feel free to size up/down if you so
chose.

This BOM will run from April 2006 through May 2007. This is how the
schedule breaks down:
April 2006 - March 2007: Monthly blocks
April 2007: Completing the Top (setting, sashing, borders, etc.)
May 2007: Completing the Quilt (quilting, binding, labeling, etc.) -
Done!

Marcia Hohn has a pin rating on her site (www.quilterscache.com) that
rates the level of difficulty of her block patterns. One pin blocks
are fairly simple and they increase in difficulty as the number of pins
increase. I will start with one pin blocks and increase our difficulty
as we go so that we are challenged, but not overwhelmed! I also
consider myself a fairly novice quilter, and these will all be blocks I
would be willing to try (well, maybe not the appliqué). Most of the
blocks with only have three colors to them; however, some of them may
have four.

Finished blocks can be seen at
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/RCTQ-2006-2007-BOM I must give a very
large THANK YOU! to Teri for maintaining the gallery!

Dannielle

April 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/StarflowerBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Dou...ill2Block.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt189/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

May 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CardBasketBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Eig...ion2Block.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/DogwoodBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

June 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/Mosaic2Block.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/BeaconLightsBlock.html (this
can be paper pieced or use regular templates!)
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt171/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

July 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/FoldedStarBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/NightandDayBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CarolinaLilyBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

August 2006:
Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/Mar...StarBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...ondsBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/SunflowerBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

September 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CoronationBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/Bir...diseBlock.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt65/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

October 2006:
Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Spi...atchBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/G_I/HuntersStarBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilt-design.com/BOM/patnov983.htm

Old September 29th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Diane F.

Perfect timing......my mom is coming tomorrow for a sewing day, I'll be
helping her with paper piecing. This is just what I needed to work on.
Finally get to play with my new machine and the great new ruler that my SS
sent for cutting triangles!

Thanks!
Diane F.

ups.com...