Did anybody miss me?

Old March 22nd 05, 05:01 AM
Morag in Detroit

Default Did anybody miss me?

I've been "gone" for two weeks following two spectacular computer
crashes.
Did your computer ever rattle, sigh and die? My Big Mac just gave up
the ghost and refused to be resuscitated.

Did you know you can get rctq withdrawal pains? Yup, you can.

After taking Big mac to a reputable repair shop, he came back in fair
condition but would not set foot on the Internet.

I finally called in the SuperPower, the Computer Goddess. She is
4'10", 16 years old and Japanese (not too much English). She arrived
with a wrench, a screwdriver, a new "programmer's tool" and a bag of
disks. After shooing everyone out of the room, she laid hands on Mac
and muttered a few words of Japanese. I think it was "Poor baby. Be
HEALED!!"

Mac gave a little burp and his sunny chime and is now running better
than ever.
However, I think computers must be like sewing machines---it's nice to
have a back up.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. What an ordeal!

Morag in Detroit

Old March 22nd 05, 05:25 AM
Bob & Kathleen

Of course we missed you. I do understand your computer woes. We usually
have to talk to our personal tech guy (DS) who lives in Arkansas but
this last time he wasn't coming home and couldn't lay his hands on it.
We finally decided to start all over with a new CPU. Picture me in Best
Buy, talking to DS by cell phone, describing the various features of the
computers to find out which would best fit our needs. New one works
great but having to reprogram it with newsgroups and EQ5 software, and
games takes time away from actually quilting!
Kathleen in TX (who used to live in MI)

Old March 22nd 05, 07:20 AM
Sharon Harper

Oooh yeah! That's the bummer about going back to work - being away from
y'all. I just can't bring myself to enjoy reading through google.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

Old March 22nd 05, 05:36 PM
Butterfly

'Tis a bit windy-er in here.
Sure glad you got that lil monster tamed. We will NOT tell you everything
you missed--you are just going to have to find out for yourself........
Butterfly (welcome backg)