How does it make you feel?

Old January 6th 04, 12:54 AM
Debbie B

mmmmmmmm another one to push around LOL

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old January 6th 04, 01:06 AM
Harry

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:53:15 GMT, "Debbie B" wrote:

Harry.....
I know exactly how you feel. When my down period comes as I call it. It
feels as if I'm underwater and when I am manicing (as I call it) It's like
I'm waterskiing. I've also tried everything short of ECT. I refused that
cause of the memory stuff.

When I get like this, I walk away from my beads and walk by them and wait
for them to talk to me. I'm just learning how to make things with beads.

But I do have a question for you. I have some shells that come from the
seafood my husband eats. Can't remember what kind. But I want to try to
polish them and then drill holes in the tops and bottoms to make windchimes.
What's the best way to drill without cracking them? I'm afraid of breaking
them.

And also let me know if they come up with a pill......LOL

Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

Hi Debbie,
You hit that nail right on the head. I just couldn't nail down the feeling. As far as the ECT goes...
I don't remember. lol Just kidding. In only affect my recent memories that were made in the few hours
prior to the treatment, but many have lost total memory. I am happy I retained most of mine,
but I will admit, I wish many were gone. Besides.. if I would have lost the memories I wouldn't
have known anyway.
About the shells... the best way I have found to do any type of drill holes is:
Be sure you have something to support the object, (shells), before you drill. If you don't have
something under the shell for the bit to drive into it will take out a chunk or piece when the
bit exits. Think of it like a gun shot wound. The bit goes in small and comes out bigger. But if there is something
else for the bit to bite it will be fine. Ramble Harry ramble. Goodness sakes.
Now about the shells from your husbands dinner. If they have been cooked or steam they are way to
brittle to tumble and will break or crack. Now if he will let you take the meat from the shell before
cooking you will be fine. Same as with bone carving.. the bone has to be raw and clean... if it's
cooked it will be brittle and break. I am thinking he is eating mussles? If he is... those are beautiful
tumbled polished. Sorry... I don't have those, but here is a link to some if they have them in stock?
http://www.shellhorizons.com/details...ID=H2-6&Page=3
Thank you again.

Harry

Old January 6th 04, 02:22 AM
Kyla

I've been wondering about this! I'm learning that more and more things need
to be sanded under water. But, won't that electrocute me, if I use a
Dremel?

--
Kyla
"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

Slowly and under water, so the dust doesn't hurt you. Use a Dremel, a
diamond bit and a drill press (ideally). What kind of seafood do you eat
that the shells are attractive? I'm a Bostonian, and all I can think of

are
the shells from steamed clams, which would look horrible. Or lobster

shells,
which wouldn't really work, either.

Kathy N-V

Old January 6th 04, 02:30 AM
Harry

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:22:13 GMT, "Kyla" wrote:

I've been wondering about this! I'm learning that more and more things need
to be sanded under water. But, won't that electrocute me, if I use a
Dremel?

Don't put your Dremel in water... just the end of the bit.
Use a shallow bowl or dish and enough water to just cover the item.
NEVER put eletric tools in water.

Harry
Old January 6th 04, 04:37 AM
Dr. Sooz

But I do have a question for you. I have some shells that come from the
seafood my husband eats. Can't remember what kind. But I want to try to
polish them and then drill holes in the tops and bottoms to make windchimes.
What's the best way to drill without cracking them?

Be so, so careful. WEAR A MASK. Most shells (including paua) are deadly if
the dust is inhaled.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 6th 04, 04:42 AM
Dr. Sooz

Drilling glass, which might help with the shells too:

Drill Sergeant: drilling holes in glass
http://jewelrymaking.about.com/libra...y/aa051901.htm
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 6th 04, 04:43 AM
Dr. Sooz

ohhhh... i see
a purple dinosaur! Ack!

BARNEY!!! Go away! LOL

Haw haw haw!

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 6th 04, 04:45 AM
Dr. Sooz

Hehehehhe... My family would have me comitted! Not that I haven't been
before... but...
Harry

I know.....happens to me too. Finally married the right guy, who likes the
shrieking. That's key. ;-)
(I may be winking, but it's all true)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 6th 04, 04:50 AM
Dr. Sooz

When I worked in the theater costume shop, it
would get very difficult to do fine work against a deadline, hour after hour
after hour....we'd go as needed to the loading dock after hours and shriek as
loudly as possible and jump up and down. Much easier to do more tedious
handwork after that. (of course, people expect that sort of thing from
Theater
Folk...and Artists!!)

This opens an interesting line of thought........It's true that people expect
odd behavior of artists. It's because art is so much more difficult than most
folks think. It demands such incredible things of a person -- to be creative
on *demand*?!?! Sheeeeez! That's enough to fry my wires! Anyone's wires!

No wonder there's shrieking and committing and other such stuff......
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 6th 04, 04:50 AM
Dr. Sooz

Exactly!! Try it, next time you run and shriek--add a Moan-tra of your own!
Sarajane

I will! Oh, and when I do the hallway thing -- I have my own cheerleader.
Kevin *loves* it when I do this. (thank gawd)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Gonna go make beads Carol in SLC Beads 7 September 1st 03 07:04 PM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
more eyepins, can i make them into head pins?? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 July 13th 03 06:39 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM