San Diego, CA Quilt Show

Old August 21st 04, 04:22 PM
Butterfly

Default San Diego, CA Quilt Show

Are any of you'all going to this show? I HOPE to be there around lunchtime
on Sat, Sept 4. (San Diego Convention Center Hall F )
ANY of our SoCaLOTL plan on attending? Can we set up a meet-up time (in the
'cafeteria/seating area) I've only been there once about 3 or 4 years ago
and vaguely remember a nice place to sit and rest that wasn't very far from
the food vendors.not sure how it is set up now--so this is a stab in the
dark....anyone help me out here... if you can. Thanks)
Butterfly (here's hoping that I make it there ; )

Old August 21st 04, 08:32 PM
Terbear

Butterfly, I am hoping to go with my girlfriend Amy, we would love to meet
up, can you send a link for information on this show?
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old August 21st 04, 09:32 PM
Butterfly

This is where I got the info--http://www.rosiescalicocupboard.com/
click on the Newsletter--sc roll down to below the pixs and there you will
find the info..
Hope to be in the cafeteria--(chairs and table set up area) around 11:30 AM.
Will be wearing my Butterfly Hat---hat has butterfly pins all over it ; )
HTH
Butterfly butterfly-wings at bak dot rr dot com

Old August 23rd 04, 03:31 PM
Beth Pierce

If you get a chance, go up Sixth Avenue to Balboa Park. (Come out of
the Convention Center Hall which is on Second Avenue, go east four
blocks to Sixth Avenue, turn left, and go North on Sixth Avenue till
you see the park on your right side) It's a beautiful park, meant for
wandering around. There's a Japanese garden with a nice food court
next to it. My fondest memory was when I would take a lunch break
from work, go to the Japanese Garden and have a bowl of soy beans and
rice noodles. The bell tower chimes out the hours, and if you go on a
Sunday, there's music in the organ pavillion from 2-3 p.m. It's
really nice. That's the only thing I miss about San Diego--the park.

Old August 24th 04, 07:58 PM
handmaiden

Wish I could make it but finances aren't permitting. I will wave that
direction around lunch time though!
~handmaiden

--
handmaiden