Searching for ...

Old June 12th 12, 08:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rita Liesch

Default Searching for ...

Many years ago, I purchased several baseball style caps that had a front
panel of cross stitch material. Does anyone have one (or more) these
(unstitched) they would like to sell or know of a supplier for such items.
I've searched the internet till my fingers are sore, but can't find them
anywhere.

Rita

Old June 14th 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:56:57 AM UTC-4, Rita Liesch wrote:
Many years ago, I purchased several baseball style caps that had a front
panel of cross stitch material. Does anyone have one (or more) these
(unstitched) they would like to sell or know of a supplier for such items..
I've searched the internet till my fingers are sore, but can't find them
anywhere.

Rita

I may have one or two around that I won't be using, but I bought them at JoAnn's Fabrics. Our local store is a smaller one and they had them in stock. Tomorrow I'll check to see if I still have them. I think at least one is a dark blue cap with an off white Aida panel in front.

Anne
Old June 14th 12, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:56:57 AM UTC-4, Rita Liesch wrote:
Many years ago, I purchased several baseball style caps that had a front
panel of cross stitch material. Does anyone have one (or more) these
(unstitched) they would like to sell or know of a supplier for such items.
I've searched the internet till my fingers are sore, but can't find them
anywhere.

Rita

Rita,
I'm sorry - I just looked and can't find the cap(s) anywhere. I have no idea what happened to them. I know I didn't use them. And now I don't see them on JoAnn's website either!

Anne
Old June 14th 12, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/14/12 3:21 PM, Anne wrote:
On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:56:57 AM UTC-4, Rita Liesch wrote:
Many years ago, I purchased several baseball style caps that had a front
panel of cross stitch material. Does anyone have one (or more) these
(unstitched) they would like to sell or know of a supplier for such items.
I've searched the internet till my fingers are sore, but can't find them
anywhere.

Rita

Rita,
I'm sorry - I just looked and can't find the cap(s) anywhere. I have no idea what happened to them. I know I didn't use them. And now I don't see them on JoAnn's website either!

Anne

Rita - have you tried Herrschners (or how ever it it spelled?)

Old June 15th 12, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rita Liesch

Rita,
I'm sorry - I just looked and can't find the cap(s) anywhere. I have no
idea what happened to them. I know I didn't use them. And now I don't see
them on JoAnn's website either!

Anne

Anne:

Thanks for looking. At least now I know I'm not the only one who remembers
them, but can't find them. When my son first asked me to make him some new
cross stitched caps, I went on line and after several hours, did find one
site that had them. I saved the site, told my son the supplier now wanted
$10.99 each for the caps, and he said fine - order two or three. When I
went back online, the caps were no longer shown as being available. I
emailed Customer Service and was told they haven't had the caps available
for several years, just hadn't gotten around to removing them from their
website.

Rita

Old June 15th 12, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rita Liesch

I tried Herrshners, Nordic Needle, Marilyn's Stoney Creek, Mary Jane's, and
ton's of other online cross stitch and/or craft retailers. No luck. Wrote
to customers service at each and only one or two even remember the caps.
The owner of my LNS checked all of her catalogs. No luck.

Guess I will have to cross stitch on blank aida fabric, then appliqué the
finished designs to blank caps.

Thanks much to all who looked for me.

Rita

Old June 15th 12, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

On 6/14/2012 6:03 PM, Rita Liesch wrote:
I tried Herrshners, Nordic Needle, Marilyn's Stoney Creek, Mary Jane's, and
ton's of other online cross stitch and/or craft retailers. No luck. Wrote
to customers service at each and only one or two even remember the caps.
The owner of my LNS checked all of her catalogs. No luck.

Guess I will have to cross stitch on blank aida fabric, then appliqué the
finished designs to blank caps.

Thanks much to all who looked for me.

Rita

You could also use waste canvas to get your design stitched directly
on the cap fabric. Of course, if there's seams, etc. the run through
your design, that might pose a problem but it is an option to think
about :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\
Old June 16th 12, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/15/12 10:33 AM, Tia Mary wrote:
On 6/14/2012 6:03 PM, Rita Liesch wrote:
I tried Herrshners, Nordic Needle, Marilyn's Stoney Creek, Mary
Jane's, and
ton's of other online cross stitch and/or craft retailers. No luck. Wrote
to customers service at each and only one or two even remember the caps.
The owner of my LNS checked all of her catalogs. No luck.

Guess I will have to cross stitch on blank aida fabric, then appliqué the
finished designs to blank caps.

Thanks much to all who looked for me.

Rita

You could also use waste canvas to get your design stitched directly on
the cap fabric. Of course, if there's seams, etc. the run through your
design, that might pose a problem but it is an option to think about
:-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\

Having tried so sew (as in repair) a ball cap, save your fingers and don't

searching for craftykitty Marketplace 0 August 18th 09 07:22 AM
searching for fabric Newsgroups Needlework 0 February 3rd 08 02:42 AM
searching for ? C Ryman Beads 6 November 17th 07 09:48 AM
Searching for ????????? Dorothy Quilting 26 April 18th 07 12:56 AM
searching for update Dorothy Quilting 2 April 16th 07 12:21 PM