airbrush

Old July 19th 05, 02:16 PM
Christian Piguet

Default airbrush

Hello,

I paint with airbrush and enamels . I use water and medium miscible but I am
not quite satisfied. As I heard alcool seemed to work well.

What kind of alcool should I use ? Or another medium ?

Anyone got info ?

Thanks.

Isabelle

Old July 20th 05, 08:11 AM
Christian Piguet

Thanks for information.
Could you explain what is klyr-fire ?

Isabelle
Switzerland

message de news: ...

Old July 20th 05, 04:48 PM
Charles Spitzer

it's a product that one can buy in glass stores. if you have access to a
ceramics supply place, it is a 3% solution of cmc dissolved in water, so you
can make it pretty easily.

Old August 16th 05, 05:14 PM
waltl

Dear Isabelle,
I find the best medium for airbrushing is The environmental kind of
antifreeze(propylene glycol), not the old fashioned ethylene glycol.
You can buy it at auto supply stores like Schucks or Pep Boys. Sierra
is a popular brand. Add a few drops of gum arabic to keep it from
dripping. You can also thin it with water if you like. I would caution
you about Klyr-fire. If it dries in your airbrush it is very difficult
to clean out. Always use a spray booth and a respirator when
airbrushing. It is the most dangerous way of using enamels.