SNIGDIBBLY....help!!

Old June 22nd 05, 04:16 AM
~Ann~

Default SNIGDIBBLY....help!!

In your webshots album there is a photo of your neice (or other
relative) sitting in front of and sewing with what appears to be a
singer 920.. I recently acquired one of these machines from garage sale
and was wondering if I might ask a few questions as to how you are able
to keep your machine in good condition, esp about the feeddog. (email
me privately if ya wish)

Ann

Old June 22nd 05, 02:30 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

The picture is of my granddaughter and she is sewing on a 1976 Singer Athena
2000 - the first computerized sewing machine put out by Singer, I think.
Can't help you with the 920 feeddogs thingee. I just vacuum mine out and
have replaced it due to wear twice since 1976. I wear the top off with all
the fabric I put thru it and it gets where it won't grip any more. I buy
the part and install it myself. Sorry I'm no help.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old June 22nd 05, 11:42 PM
~Ann~

Ah, forgot it was your grandaughter! (sorry)

Well, so far, I've just been playin round with the machine i got at
garage sale.. and have been wonderin if it will be worth the money to
have it professionally serviced (I got machine for less than 5 dollars)
and at that time when I bought it, because of apparent speed control, I
was thinking it might be good for freemotion qulting... however there
were some interesting embroidery "cams" that were included, and so
renewed interest as to the machine's capabilities have captured my
interest.. yep, the feed dogs seem to be a real problem if I wanta do
anything other than freemotion with the machine...can I email you, I'd
like to know what the good feedogs look like, apparently the previous
owners used some sorta elec tape, lol!!

Ann

Old June 23rd 05, 12:08 AM
~Ann~

Wishful thinking I guess, but doesnt hurt to ask, lol!

SNIGDIBBLY....help!!

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Wed, Jun 22, 2005, 8:30am
From: (SNIGDIBBLY)
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly SNIGDIBBLY
~e~

Old June 23rd 05, 11:56 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwhhhhhhh!! elec tape? OHmigawsh!! Sure you can email
me - i'm in the directory or you can get me with snigdibbly at cox dot net.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"~Ann~" wrote in message
Ah, forgot it was your grandaughter! (sorry)

Well, so far, I've just been playin round with the machine i got at
garage sale.. and have been wonderin if it will be worth the money to
have it professionally serviced (I got machine for less than 5 dollars)
and at that time when I bought it, because of apparent speed control, I
was thinking it might be good for freemotion qulting... however there
were some interesting embroidery "cams" that were included, and so
renewed interest as to the machine's capabilities have captured my
interest.. yep, the feed dogs seem to be a real problem if I wanta do
anything other than freemotion with the machine...can I email you, I'd
like to know what the good feedogs look like, apparently the previous
owners used some sorta elec tape, lol!!

Ann

ANOTHER UFO COMPLETED SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 12 May 16th 05 05:52 PM
Wish me luck Mystified One Quilting 30 April 25th 05 04:41 PM
Mzzzzzzzzz Butterfly!!!!!! nzlstar Quilting 54 April 12th 05 04:41 AM
STEELE HUG QUILT SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 20 March 22nd 05 06:16 PM
AMISH BASKETS TOP FINISHED SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 18 March 7th 05 11:20 PM