MY RCTQ Block of the Month for February

Old February 8th 05, 06:07 AM
Sharon Harper

Default MY RCTQ Block of the Month for February

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...1a.jpg&.src=ph

The start of my Christmas Quilt. Half hand and half machine sewn ('cause
the machine conked it half way through!).

Thanks Melissa, this is sooooo fun!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old February 8th 05, 08:08 AM
Patti

Hullo Sharon
That is an inspired choice! Christmas fabrics are so 'contrasting', the
whole thing is going to be stunning.
..
In article , Sharon
Harper writes
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...1a.jpg&.src=ph

The start of my Christmas Quilt. Half hand and half machine sewn ('cause
the machine conked it half way through!).

Thanks Melissa, this is sooooo fun!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old February 8th 05, 08:50 AM
Sharon Harper

Thanks Tamara - I found it quite an easy one too. Not as difficult as it
looks.

--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...=e41a.jpg&.src

Old February 8th 05, 09:51 AM
Sharon Harper

Hope so - and this way I have all this year to make it - and about 10 months
next year to quilt it!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
quicker)
**********************

"Patti" wrote in message
news
Hullo Sharon
That is an inspired choice! Christmas fabrics are so 'contrasting', the
whole thing is going to be stunning.
.
In article , Sharon
Harper writes

Old February 8th 05, 11:28 AM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Sharon Harper wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...1a.jpg&.src=ph

The start of my Christmas Quilt. Half hand and half machine sewn ('cause
the machine conked it half way through!).

Thanks Melissa, this is sooooo fun!

Now thats a nice choice of fabrics - and a good idea - I was only going
to do the applique block but might well pull some christmassy fabrics
and have a go at the pieced block too!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old February 8th 05, 12:12 PM
AliceW

That looks great! I love the colors. Do we have a home for all the blocks
to live on the web yet so we can see them all in one place?

BTW, I am off of work today and hope to get my block done unless my DD has
blocked out my day already. I am thinking of doing a calendar quilt with
each block in fabric specific to a holiday in that month. So, hearts for
this month; shamrocks for next month.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...1a.jpg&.src=ph
:
: The start of my Christmas Quilt. Half hand and half machine sewn ('cause
: the machine conked it half way through!).
:
: Thanks Melissa, this is sooooo fun!
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia
: Queen of Down Under
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
: **********************
:
:

Old February 8th 05, 01:17 PM
Diana Curtis

Oooh.. stunning! Im a Christmas color fan too... tho not the bold brights so
your future quilt is safe from me.
Cant wait to see next months block too!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old February 8th 05, 01:50 PM
smudge in oz

What a good idea! Now if we "down-unders" can work out a monthly theme
that fits us ... (eg. No snowmen in January, etc!!). What do you say,
ladies? Can we dream up an Aussie (or an ANZAC) sequence? We could
still incorporate those themes that come with the "turf" - like
Christmas themes for December. What would you change? And to what?
Smudge in Oz