New and interested

Old May 13th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Heleena

Default New and interested

Hello Group!

I am new to making polymer clay beads.
I can make some cool designs by twisting 2 or 3 rolls of color and cutting
little pieces off and rolling them into beads.
I was hoping that someone could maybe post a few links where I might be able
to see more techniques.
I don't want to keep making beads the same way over and over... it's going
to get boring, fast!

I'll be making beads for:
necklaces
bracelets
anklets
earrings

and so far, that's all I know.
I hope you all can help guide me with some new ideas and resources.

Thanks,
Heleena

Old May 13th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
turtlelover

Heleena wrote:
Hello Group!

I am new to making polymer clay beads.
I can make some cool designs by twisting 2 or 3 rolls of color and cutting
little pieces off and rolling them into beads.
I was hoping that someone could maybe post a few links where I might be able
to see more techniques.
I don't want to keep making beads the same way over and over... it's going
to get boring, fast!

I'll be making beads for:
necklaces
bracelets
anklets
earrings

and so far, that's all I know.
I hope you all can help guide me with some new ideas and resources.

Thanks,
Heleena

Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of polymer clay!

First, I suggest visiting http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/ where many talented and friendly people "live." Click on the "message board" link on the left; in order to post, you must be a forum member (Delphi).

For lots more of helpful information, Diane Black has gathered lots of information and posted it at her site, http://www.glassattic.com . No pictures, but discussions of how-to-do things, etc.

Between these two sites, you'll have plenty of eye candy and inspiration!

Best of luck,
Turtlelover

Old May 14th 07, 08:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
mermaidscove_com

This site has lots of pictures of good easy techniques:
http://www.norajean.com/

Here is a favorite technique:
http://www.lindlyhaunani.com/tips/mokume.html

http://www.sculpey.com/projects_jewelry.htm

http://www.pcpolyzine.com/tutorials.html

There's lots more too, it can help to look at lampwork and ceramic
beads for ideas and inspiration.

Old May 14th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Sarajane Helm

hi there Heleena!
please do come visit at my site, there are over 160 pages of polymer clay
info and pics.

http://polyclay.com

Sarajane

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

"Heleena" wrote in message
m...
Hello Group!

I am new to making polymer clay beads.
I can make some cool designs by twisting 2 or 3 rolls of color and cutting
little pieces off and rolling them into beads.
I was hoping that someone could maybe post a few links where I might be

able
to see more techniques.
I don't want to keep making beads the same way over and over... it's going
to get boring, fast!

I'll be making beads for:
necklaces
bracelets
anklets
earrings

and so far, that's all I know.
I hope you all can help guide me with some new ideas and resources.

Thanks,
Heleena

For those interested grammykathy Quilting 12 February 20th 07 07:37 PM
Some of you may be interested Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 3 May 3rd 06 01:01 PM
If any one is interested Stella Fenley Yarn 3 March 18th 06 08:02 PM
Anyone interested??? Terbear Quilting 1 July 19th 05 04:05 PM
OT AD: some of u may be interested? alia Beads 0 August 23rd 03 07:18 AM