16th Wedding Anniversary gift?

Old July 2nd 03, 04:12 AM
Allaya Diep

Default 16th Wedding Anniversary gift?

LOL - That's pretty funny. I guess Adam and I are getting fruit this year!
Yeppie!!!

Allaya

When we'd been married nineteen years, one of my sisters sent us an
anniversary card by the great Sandra Boynton, with a list of those
in-between ones. I still have it, it's such a stitch. Here's the list:

Traditional Anniversary Gifts
-----------------------------

1st Paper
2nd Cotton
3rd Leather
4th Fruit
5th Wood
6th Confections
7th copper
8th Pottery
9th Bronze
10th Jewelry
11th Synthetic Fibers
12th Sheetrock
13th Beef By-products
14th Jell-O
15th Crystal
16th Plumbing Fixtures
17th Desk Sets
18th Audio Components
19th Petroleum Derivatives
20th China
21st Camping Gear
22nd Computer Software
23rd Aquatic Pets
24th Chintz
25th Silver
26th Silicone
27th Homeopathic Ointments
28th Exotic Plant Life
29th Vinyl Slipcovers
30th Pearls
31st Representational Art
32nd Organic Vegetables
33rd Asbestos
34th Flash-frozen Fish
35th Coral
36th Large Appliances
37th Rubber
38th Automotive Accessories
39th Haberdashery
40th Ruby
41st Musical Instruments
42nd Craft Supplies
43rd Cosmetic Surgery
44th Room Dividers
45th Sapphire
46th Insulation
47th Foreign Language Aids
48th Winsome Figurines
49th Cement
50th Gold
--
75th Diamond

Old July 2nd 03, 04:32 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article , says...
Snipped:

20th China

EWWWW and yuck, I can expect CHINA this year?
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
Old July 2nd 03, 04:34 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article d1sMa.131964$Dr3.6801@fed1read02, says...
LOL - That's pretty funny. I guess Adam and I are getting fruit this year!
Yeppie!!!

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
Old July 2nd 03, 02:20 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:34:53 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily mind a trip to China.
That's what's coming up for us, too, the 20th.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old July 2nd 03, 03:47 PM
NoraBalcer

Mine is going to be flash-frozen fish, I hate fish. LOL

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 2nd 03, 03:51 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article , "Helen \"Halla\"
Fleischer" says...
| On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:34:53 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily mind a trip to China.
That's what's coming up for us, too, the 20th.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Ahah, Helen, I never thought of it that way! A trip to China! (although
in my case a trip to Japan would be just a tad more welcome, grin)
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
Old July 2nd 03, 06:05 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article d1sMa.131964$Dr3.6801@fed1read02, "Allaya Diep"
wrote:

LOL - That's pretty funny. I guess Adam and I are getting fruit this
year!
Yeppie!!!

Allaya

Our list said fruit and/or flowers, so Rich got me a vintage coral
dress with a black lace over dress in a floral pattern for our fourth
anniversary. Seventh is wool.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

Please Visit Arabian Knits at
http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/arabianknits.html

Saudi Chef at http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/saudichef.html
Old July 2nd 03, 07:46 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:51:54 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

20th China

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily mind a trip to China.
That's what's coming up for us, too, the 20th.

Ahah, Helen, I never thought of it that way! A trip to China! (although
in my case a trip to Japan would be just a tad more welcome, grin)
Hugs,
Noreen

Oh well. I guess you're stuck, then. Of course there's always hope that
there will be a new China Bayles mystery to buy.