Just Tried My First Polyclay Project

Old December 24th 04, 09:06 PM
Carol S.

Default Just Tried My First Polyclay Project

Hi Folks:

I've watched Donna Kato & others on the Carol Duvall Show for yrs. &
have resisted buying polyclay, etc. One thing that has worried me is
baking in your cooking oven & possible problem with residue/fumes.

To make a long story short, I purchased a single small white block of
Sculpey I & a flexible face mold at Hobby Lobby recently. I think it
was the face mold that attracted me as I am into cloth doll making & can
see the possibilities here. Can't tell you how much fun I had working
with the clay & painting & decorting with feathers, beads, etc. But you
all must know that.

Do you have any recommendations for craft stores that sell the poly
clay, tools, etc. at REASONABLE prices? My husband scolds me 'cuz I
have so many arts & crafts supplies already. Men just don't understand.

Hope all who read this will have a blessed Christmas & great New Yr.

Carol S. (in cold Wisconsin, but soon to be on her way to Florida for
the winter!)

Old December 24th 04, 09:27 PM
Sjpolyclay

Do you have any recommendations for craft stores that sell the poly
clay, tools, etc. at REASONABLE prices? My husband scolds me 'cuz I
have so many arts & crafts supplies already. Men just don't understand

you can use a lot of what you have already. There's also some great suppliers
on my Links and Sources page
www.polyclay.com/links.htm

welcome to polyclay fun!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old December 26th 04, 01:57 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

In the interim, I usually use Michael's, Ben Franklin or JoAnn Crafts
coupons (they are anywhere from 40-50% off regular price) and buy basic
tools one at a time. Many of the really good tools, like poly-tools bead
rollers, are only available online though.

Project planning Bungadora Beads 25 March 30th 04 08:12 AM
Speaking of Polyclay -- I need advice Kandice Seeber Beads 3 March 12th 04 01:14 PM