TIDBITS 11/21/04

Old November 21st 04, 11:13 PM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 11/21/04

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Tidbits may be reprinted without charge --
with attribution. Additionally, if you know of anyone who you think
would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us. URL
(http://www.tyler-adam.com). We encourage you to forward
this email to friends and colleagues.
======================================

Pudel

Pudel ... a German word meaning dripping wet ... or drenched.
Hey ... look at that guy coming out of the pool with all his
clothes on. He's all Fer-Pudeled. Which--of course--brings
immediately to mind the image of a menacing marauding animal ...
living in prehistoric times ... fangs bared as he defends hearth and
home of the creature with which he's chosen to share his life ... Man!
And the animal with glaring red eyes and front paws spread
in a fighting stance ... this animal which derives his name from
the German word for dripping wet ... this animal is a ... yup ... you
guessed it ... it's a Poodle.

Why dripping wet? Who knows. There's more arcane lore between
heaven and down-under than most of us will ever know. Fortunately
.... we have Tidbits ... here to pass on this stuff when we're not
creating beautiful jewelry for our beautiful clientele.

I digress for one brief instance. There may be those of you out there
who may view the above statement as a bare-faced plug and an
effort to promote our wares and services as custom jewelers for the
upcoming holiday season. Pish posh, I say. Would I ever do a thing
like that? Hmmm?

So ... back on track. El Poodle ... once upon a time ... after he
left being a wolf ... and before he became a snazzy fashion
statement ... was a hunter of Truffles ... that edible underground
fungus some love to eat. For your information however ... the
Poodle did not work alone. He labored with the Dachshund.
Poodle sniffs truffle out. Low-set Dachshund digs the fungus. Man
makes the money. And once again the world is right.

And then the Poodle became the ooh-la-la fashion toy of the
chic. One would not want to be caught dead without one's froofy
white Poodle on one's rhinestone studded leash. And then came the
jewelry. Pins and brooches and charms and such. Till one day one
had to admit the uses of the Poodle in jewelry were exhausted. Or were
they?

Along came Shlumberger for Tiffany's. And he found a new way to
use El Poodelo in gold. He sculpted and shaped and hinged the head.
And then ... by George (who the heck was George anyway) ... but
by George ... he had a lighter ... not dripping wet any longer ... but
rather
afire.

All that for just this. If I had it in me ... I'd be ashamed.
Fortunately ... I do not have it in me. Though this does get pretty
close.

For those of you who are new to this thing called
Tidbits...may I direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where
you will scroll down the left side menu till you get to the area that
says Tidbits Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: Poodle
.... in order to view a creature that commands attention ... or at
least adoration.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our
home page. All rights reserved.

TIDBITS 11/21/04 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 November 22nd 04 05:36 AM
TIDBITS 11/21/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 November 21st 04 11:12 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 October 24th 04 11:59 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Marketplace 0 October 24th 04 09:28 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 October 24th 04 09:27 PM