A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Needlework
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2017, should we try to revive the group?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old January 7th 17, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 42
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday morning, to
catch up. Usually there is not much to catch up on. Nice to see some
posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished a little owl.
Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.

Rich in Delaware

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:00:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess a lot of us are in the same boat.

So, what are we all up to with our stitching?

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation where each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that is a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking our time. I am half finished my share of this project. Then I am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting my attention - this one the owner doesn't need back until after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get to feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc. One new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save the Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start on Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary

Ads
  #12  
Old January 7th 17, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

Rich wrote:

I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday
morning, to catch up. Usually there is not much to catch
up on. Nice to see some posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished a
little owl. Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.

Rich in Delaware

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:00:28 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess a
lot of us are in the same boat.

So, what are we all up to with our stitching?

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so
WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them
out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation where
each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that is
a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking our
time. I am half finished my share of this project. Then I
am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting my
attention - this one the owner doesn't need back until
after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get to
feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc. One
new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save the
Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start on
Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary


I check the newsgroup several times a week, and usually find
zero posts, so move on. It would be great if we could put some
life into it again.

Like several others have posted, I'm doing more knitting than
stitching these days, mostly because I was given a big load
of yarn a few years ago when a neighbor passed away. She was
a avid needleworker and knitter, but her family only wanted
to keep her finished projects, so I got most of her patterns,
books, and stitching and knitting materials, including a floor
stand which is still in the box.

And my Dazor blew a switch a couple of months ago...again.
I've gotten the replacement part from Dazor, but haven't
gotten a chance to do the repair yet. Maybe once it's working
again, I'll get the stitching urge again.

Currently working on a knitted, striped afghan...six stripes
down, four to go, plus finishing. Too many stitching UFOs
and designs to list.

Nyssa
At River's End



  #13  
Old January 7th 17, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucretiaborgia@fl.it
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 611
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 09:54:45 -0500, Nyssa
wrote:

Rich wrote:

I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday
morning, to catch up. Usually there is not much to catch
up on. Nice to see some posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished a
little owl. Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.

Rich in Delaware

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:00:28 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess a
lot of us are in the same boat.

So, what are we all up to with our stitching?

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so
WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them
out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation where
each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that is
a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking our
time. I am half finished my share of this project. Then I
am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting my
attention - this one the owner doesn't need back until
after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get to
feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc. One
new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save the
Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start on
Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary


I check the newsgroup several times a week, and usually find
zero posts, so move on. It would be great if we could put some
life into it again.

Like several others have posted, I'm doing more knitting than
stitching these days, mostly because I was given a big load
of yarn a few years ago when a neighbor passed away. She was
a avid needleworker and knitter, but her family only wanted
to keep her finished projects, so I got most of her patterns,
books, and stitching and knitting materials, including a floor
stand which is still in the box.

And my Dazor blew a switch a couple of months ago...again.
I've gotten the replacement part from Dazor, but haven't
gotten a chance to do the repair yet. Maybe once it's working
again, I'll get the stitching urge again.

Currently working on a knitted, striped afghan...six stripes
down, four to go, plus finishing. Too many stitching UFOs
and designs to list.

Nyssa
At River's End


I usually knit socks to give away, they are well received in our
climate! However, three years ago osteo turned up in my left thumb
and eventually had to have an op (they take out the joint then secure
the wrist joint to second thumb joint with tendon) It's six weeks of
sitting around in a splint but an op well worth it, my left hand is
perfect now. However same thing is happening in the right so in the
near future I'll be in a splint for another six weeks

I crocheted afghans for my kids when fuel bills reached a peak a few
years back so they could wrap those round their legs instead of
cranking up the thermostat - they liked them and they were fun to do.

I belong to a knitting Guild and we also do a lot of knitting for
charity, warm hats, gloves, socks etc.
  #14  
Old January 7th 17, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 09:54:45 -0500, Nyssa
wrote:

Rich wrote:

I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday
morning, to catch up. Usually there is not much to catch
up on. Nice to see some posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished
a little owl. Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.

Rich in Delaware

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:00:28 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess
a lot of us are in the same boat.

So, what are we all up to with our stitching?

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so
WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them
out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation
where each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that
is a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking
our time. I am half finished my share of this project.
Then I am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting
my attention - this one the owner doesn't need back
until after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get
to feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc.
One new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save
the Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start
on Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary


I check the newsgroup several times a week, and usually
find zero posts, so move on. It would be great if we could
put some life into it again.

Like several others have posted, I'm doing more knitting
than stitching these days, mostly because I was given a
big load of yarn a few years ago when a neighbor passed
away. She was a avid needleworker and knitter, but her
family only wanted to keep her finished projects, so I got
most of her patterns, books, and stitching and knitting
materials, including a floor stand which is still in the
box.

And my Dazor blew a switch a couple of months ago...again.
I've gotten the replacement part from Dazor, but haven't
gotten a chance to do the repair yet. Maybe once it's
working again, I'll get the stitching urge again.

Currently working on a knitted, striped afghan...six
stripes down, four to go, plus finishing. Too many
stitching UFOs and designs to list.

Nyssa
At River's End


I usually knit socks to give away, they are well received
in our
climate! However, three years ago osteo turned up in my
left thumb and eventually had to have an op (they take out
the joint then secure the wrist joint to second thumb
joint with tendon) It's six weeks of sitting around in a
splint but an op well worth it, my left hand is
perfect now. However same thing is happening in the right
so in the near future I'll be in a splint for another six
weeks

I crocheted afghans for my kids when fuel bills reached a
peak a few years back so they could wrap those round their
legs instead of cranking up the thermostat - they liked
them and they were fun to do.

I belong to a knitting Guild and we also do a lot of
knitting for charity, warm hats, gloves, socks etc.


This current in-progress afghan will be a gift.

I've also finished a baby afghan this fall that had been
started by my deceased neighbor. She knitted a LOT looser
than I do, and it's obvious where she left off and I took
over. She had only done about four inches and had an error
in a previous row too. No doubt the error caused her to
put it aside to fix, then she never got a chance to get
back to it before illness took over. Another neighbor
has a great-grandchild on the way in the spring, so the
finished afghan will go to her granddaughter for the new
little one. Since the deceased neighbor lived right next
door to the expectant great-grandma and they were friends,
the afghan will have some connection to the family.

I've also knitted a new hat for that same great-grandma-
to-be this fall since she asked for one a bit longer than
the alpaca one I made for her last year.

So a LOT of my knitting goes to others too.

I agree about cuddling up in afghans to save on heat in
the cold weather. I currently am doing that while at the
computer. Another afghan knitted from that inherited
stash of yarn. I've still got enough of that inherited
stash for two more afghans and a shawl and sweater. Yep,
that lady was a stash hoarder for sure. At least it didn't
go to waste!

Nyssa
At River's End

  #15  
Old January 7th 17, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucretiaborgia@fl.it
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 611
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 11:42:26 -0500, Nyssa
wrote:

wrote:


I usually knit socks to give away, they are well received
in our
climate! However, three years ago osteo turned up in my
left thumb and eventually had to have an op (they take out
the joint then secure the wrist joint to second thumb
joint with tendon) It's six weeks of sitting around in a
splint but an op well worth it, my left hand is
perfect now. However same thing is happening in the right
so in the near future I'll be in a splint for another six
weeks

I crocheted afghans for my kids when fuel bills reached a
peak a few years back so they could wrap those round their
legs instead of cranking up the thermostat - they liked
them and they were fun to do.

I belong to a knitting Guild and we also do a lot of
knitting for charity, warm hats, gloves, socks etc.


This current in-progress afghan will be a gift.

I've also finished a baby afghan this fall that had been
started by my deceased neighbor. She knitted a LOT looser
than I do, and it's obvious where she left off and I took
over. She had only done about four inches and had an error
in a previous row too. No doubt the error caused her to
put it aside to fix, then she never got a chance to get
back to it before illness took over. Another neighbor
has a great-grandchild on the way in the spring, so the
finished afghan will go to her granddaughter for the new
little one. Since the deceased neighbor lived right next
door to the expectant great-grandma and they were friends,
the afghan will have some connection to the family.


I think she'd be delighted to think you'd fixed it!

I've also knitted a new hat for that same great-grandma-
to-be this fall since she asked for one a bit longer than
the alpaca one I made for her last year.

So a LOT of my knitting goes to others too.


Mine really has to go to others, I don't have anymore room !

I agree about cuddling up in afghans to save on heat in
the cold weather. I currently am doing that while at the
computer. Another afghan knitted from that inherited
stash of yarn. I've still got enough of that inherited
stash for two more afghans and a shawl and sweater. Yep,
that lady was a stash hoarder for sure. At least it didn't
go to waste!

Nyssa
At River's End


I am lucky that I know a friends mother who knits little teddies for
children in stressful situations, people such as firemen take them and
hand them out to smaller children to comfort them when theres a fire
etc. So she can use anything up - on average she knits 200 of these
bears per year! So I do manage to keep my reserves to fairly limited
quantities
  #16  
Old January 7th 17, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

I also do more crocheting in the winter and cross stitch in the summer. I started a blanket for one of my sons but the pattern is a picture of a german style eagle and I can't watch TV and work on it at the same time. I haven't worked on it in years...maybe I'll have it done by the time he gets married and it will be a wedding gift.

As for my current crochet project, blankets for the Linus Project, I'm also using up inherited stash. Just doing granny squares so that I can put them together in all different sizes and this project has been one that I can tote around to appointments and such. But alas, all great projects must come to an end. Maybe I should go check for more of her stash, it might have gotten a little lost when I moved a couple of years ago.

Dawn


  #17  
Old January 9th 17, 11:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 47
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

I used to do a lot of crochet and knitting years ago but haven't for a long
time. I am strictly cross stitch now. I haven't even done any of that for
a while. I think this coming weekend is the time to start again. I hope to
have a new project planned out and then I can finish the one I am stitching.
Good to see so many people posting. I sure hope it can continue.
Sharon in MN

"Rich" wrote in message
...
I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday morning, to
catch up. Usually there is not much to catch up on. Nice to see some
posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished a little owl.
Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.

Rich in Delaware


  #18  
Old January 9th 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 363
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

On 1/4/2017 10:56 PM, D J wrote:


I vow to participate more and lurk around less.
Happy 2017!!!

Hallelujah! That is most welcome news, Dawn! Welcome back!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown
  #19  
Old January 9th 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 363
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

On 1/7/2017 7:32 AM, Rich wrote:
I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday morning, to
catch up. Usually there is not much to catch up on. Nice to see some
posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished a little owl.
Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.


So are you going to put them on rctnp, Rich? I've always loved looking
at your work!


--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown
  #20  
Old January 9th 17, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucretiaborgia@fl.it
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 611
Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 15:55:05 -0600, Joan Erickson
wrote:

On 1/7/2017 7:32 AM, Rich wrote:
I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday morning, to
catch up. Usually there is not much to catch up on. Nice to see some
posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished a little owl.
Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.


So are you going to put them on rctnp, Rich? I've always loved looking
at your work!


Yes, he did the lovely Heron piece!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCTM--What has happened to this newsgroup and any way to revive it? marilyn safier Marketplace 5 April 28th 07 08:53 PM
Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 1st 06 11:17 PM
Revive a dead dinner bell!?? Andy Pottery 10 May 14th 05 11:05 PM
New Group 5150 Jewelry 0 March 9th 05 05:01 AM
New to the Group mertle Jewelry 1 January 30th 05 09:18 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CraftBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.