Etui

Old July 16th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thistletoes

Default Etui

Does anyone have instructions or a link to instructions for making an
etui? This is a "box within a box". Very old-fashioned and pretty.
I've looked out on the web, but have found only kits or completed
etuis for sale. I would like to make one from scratch.

Deb

Old July 16th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

thistletoes wrote:
Does anyone have instructions or a link to instructions for making an
etui? This is a "box within a box". Very old-fashioned and pretty.
I've looked out on the web, but have found only kits or completed
etuis for sale. I would like to make one from scratch.

It's not an etui but I'm sure the folk on this list could produce
something quite magical after watching the video on this page
http://www.grand-illusions.com/specs case.htm
or
http://tinyurl.com/2vyccx
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old July 16th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucretia borgia

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:43:44 -0700, thistletoes
wrote:
X-No-Archive Yes
Does anyone have instructions or a link to instructions for making an
etui? This is a "box within a box". Very old-fashioned and pretty.
I've looked out on the web, but have found only kits or completed
etuis for sale. I would like to make one from scratch.

Deb

This blackwork one is very beautiful, I have seen it made up.

http://berlinembroidery.com/blackwork.htm

The stitcher who did it, said surprisingly it was not that difficult
to work or put together. Certainly the best I have ever seen.
Old July 19th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/16/07 9:43 AM, "thistletoes" wrote:

Does anyone have instructions or a link to instructions for making an
etui? This is a "box within a box". Very old-fashioned and pretty.
I've looked out on the web, but have found only kits or completed
etuis for sale. I would like to make one from scratch.

Deb

You could look on Tanya Berlin's website - she actually sells a box that you
then do yourself. But, the diagram on her site might help you even if you
don't want to buy it. Otherwise, well, google is your friend.....There are
several designers with etui projects.

ellice

Old July 19th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/16/07 2:10 PM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:43:44 -0700, thistletoes
wrote:
X-No-Archive Yes
Does anyone have instructions or a link to instructions for making an
etui? This is a "box within a box". Very old-fashioned and pretty.
I've looked out on the web, but have found only kits or completed
etuis for sale. I would like to make one from scratch.

Deb

This blackwork one is very beautiful, I have seen it made up.

http://berlinembroidery.com/blackwork.htm

The stitcher who did it, said surprisingly it was not that difficult
to work or put together. Certainly the best I have ever seen.

Very nice. We have the Spectal Butterfly in the shop, but maybe I'll lobby
for this!

ellice

Old July 19th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thistletoes

On Jul 19, 5:47 am, ellice wrote:
On 7/16/07 2:10 PM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:43:44 -0700, thistletoes
wrote:
X-No-Archive Yes
Does anyone have instructions or a link to instructions for making an
etui? This is a "box within a box". Very old-fashioned and pretty.
I've looked out on the web, but have found only kits or completed
etuis for sale. I would like to make one from scratch.

Deb

This blackwork one is very beautiful, I have seen it made up.

http://berlinembroidery.com/blackwork.htm

The stitcher who did it, said surprisingly it was not that difficult
to work or put together. Certainly the best I have ever seen.

Very nice. We have the Spectal Butterfly in the shop, but maybe I'll lobby
for this!

ellice

That may be the way to go - I may just purchase Tanya Berlin's kit. I
do love the blackwork. Then I could make others on my own. I am
looking forward to Christmas giving. I have seen some other
instructions, just wondered if there was something more detailed. I
suppose it isn't all that difficult once I see it made up for myself.

Thanks!
Deb :-)

Old July 19th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/19/07 3:36 PM, in article
, "thistletoes"
wrote:

On Jul 19, 5:47 am, ellice wrote:
On 7/16/07 2:10 PM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:43:44 -0700, thistletoes
wrote:
X-No-Archive Yes
[...]

Did you see the link I posted from Carol Duval.

Old July 20th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thistletoes

On Jul 19, 1:27 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/19/07 3:36 PM, in article
. com, "thistletoes"

wrote:
On Jul 19, 5:47 am, ellice wrote:
On 7/16/07 2:10 PM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:43:44 -0700, thistletoes
wrote:
X-No-Archive Yes
[...]

Yes, I sure did, Ellice. The instructions are good, too. Thanks. I
saved it and enlarged the pix. Sorry I didn't comment. I'm glad you
found that. I really thought I had done a good search but missed
that. I still admit I love the BerlinEmbroidery Blackwork one. I
would like to have that one personally, just because it is so very
pretty. Also it would give me more of a feel on how one would use a
piece of stitchery to make the etui. I presume one just stitches a
design on linen or aida, then cuts to size and attaches as she is
doing for the red fabric in the instructions.

Deb