William Morris designs

Old July 2nd 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default William Morris designs

I was searching for William Morris designs as Maureen fancied trying one
of them out in cross-stitch. I found this site
http://www.bethrussellneedlepoint.com
But beware - the prices are a bit steep!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old July 2nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Jul 2, 6:35 am, lucretia borgia wrote:
Bruce ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

I was searching for William Morris designs as Maureen fancied trying one
of them out in cross-stitch. I found this site
http://www.bethrussellneedlepoint.com
But beware - the prices are a bit steep!

I've done Hare and Lion from the Forest page, Lion was particularly
nice because the size made it a nice one for grandchildren to use on
the floor.

Beth Russell put out a re-worked version of her first book last year
so there are 4 books out in total now.

I've thought of doing the Lion (being a Leo) but have never quite got
around to it. I bought it as a cross stitch chart as well as the
needlepoint chart in the book, so I'm not sure which one I'll make -
it's way down on the list after the rugs. The one thing I don't care
for are the dark blue backgrounds will probably change that when I
make them.

Barbara Hammet also has a cross stitch book on William Morris and I
quite like some of her designs.

Dora

Old July 3rd 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Why not see if the Victoria and Albert Museum have some booklets ???
I also think i saw a book with charts , but i can`t recall it`s name
..
mirjam

Old July 14th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/2/07 7:01 AM, "Bruce" wrote:

I was searching for William Morris designs as Maureen fancied trying one
of them out in cross-stitch. I found this site
http://www.bethrussellneedlepoint.com
But beware - the prices are a bit steep!

Look for Millenium Designs. They are a UK company. In the shop we have
several of their NP kits, and at least a dozen gorgeous XS charts. They
have some William Morris, William de Morgan (similar and stunning) and
others of that style. The Millenium charts are quite expensive here in the
US, but should be reasonable on your side of the pone.

We also have some Beth Russell NP kits that are William Morris.

I'll look today when I'm in the shop. If you can't find what you're looking
for, then LMK and I can always have the shop send one to you. I've been
eyeing a pair of the charts myself....

Ellice

Old July 15th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/14/07 9:54 AM, "ellice" wrote:

On 7/2/07 7:01 AM, "Bruce" wrote:

I was searching for William Morris designs as Maureen fancied trying one
of them out in cross-stitch. I found this site
http://www.bethrussellneedlepoint.com
But beware - the prices are a bit steep!

Look for Millenium Designs. They are a UK company. In the shop we have
several of their NP kits, and at least a dozen gorgeous XS charts. They
have some William Morris, William de Morgan (similar and stunning) and
others of that style. The Millenium charts are quite expensive here in the
US, but should be reasonable on your side of the pone.

Following up my own post - kind of weird. It's "Millenia Designs" , and
they definitely have William Morris patterns as cross stitch, and others of
that style. Here the charts seem to be between $18 - $24 for the large
size. We have some of the smaller size charts as well - the kind in about a
6" X 9" package, and those are about $10.

Link is their list of William Morris
http://tinyurl.com/34tj8r

Really, go look at the William de Morgan designs as well - some of these are
gorgeous.

Ellice

Old July 15th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

ellice wrote:
Following up my own post - kind of weird. It's "Millenia Designs" , and
they definitely have William Morris patterns as cross stitch, and others of
that style. Here the charts seem to be between $18 - $24 for the large
size. We have some of the smaller size charts as well - the kind in about a
6" X 9" package, and those are about $10.

William Morris patterns are addictive and my sister loves them, in fact
she's crackers about all the pre-Raphaelite artwork. She almost swooned
when I showed her around St Martin's church in Scarborough, Yorkshire;
it's a Victorian building packed with pre-Raphaelite artwork. When the
place was built the then Archbishop of York refused to consecrate it
because it was "too papish"!

Old July 15th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Did you see this Jill Gordon Waterfall?

http://tinyurl.com/2emjq7

Note to self: Ignore Ellice's posts - she's getting too expensive!

Linda

Old July 15th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/15/07 10:27 AM, in article
, "lewmew"
wrote:

Did you see this Jill Gordon Waterfall?

http://tinyurl.com/2emjq7

Note to self: Ignore Ellice's posts - she's getting too expensive!

Linda

Ditto

Did you see

http://tinyurl.com/2tmnlp I'll take just the charts...