Absolutely the FINAL final call for RCTQ Postcard Swap!

Old February 22nd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Absolutely the FINAL final call for RCTQ Postcard Swap!

Okay quilters, this is the last chance you'll get! If you'd like to
join in the fun please let me know-- and include your *unmunged* email
addy so I can send you some info.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
quilteacher at yahoo dot com

Old February 22nd 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Do you mean 'absolutely final final' or just 'final final' ?
Procrastinators may need to know. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote Okay quilters, this is the last

Old February 22nd 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not sure about that, but... I would love to do this but just have toooo
many irons hot and going right now. maybe there will be a second go
round of these later on??

Pati, in Phx

Old February 22nd 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Polly-

Yes! This is the ABSOLUTE final, final, doors slammed shut and nobody
else will be allowed to play with us and they will miss out on all the
fun!!! (Unless someone else asks to join..... then we'll welcome them
with open arms and postcards! LOL)

Old February 22nd 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pati-

I haven't hosted a swap before, so we'll see how it goes! g It's a
very easy swap- you make as many or as few as you want and then get the
same number back in return. Postcards are quick and easy and very
satisfying! You can start and finish one in a few hours.... or you
can take all day at it! We'd love to have you join in if you would
like to try it...

Old February 22nd 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Leslie, I would love to see the instructions before I make a commitment.
However, everytime (and I've been clicking for a few days at various times -
boy your popular ;o) I click on your link this is the msg I get:
We're sorry...
...due to a high volume of page requests, this Webshots page is not
available right now.

If you are looking for a photo, it is possible that the photo has
moved or no longer exists.

If you are in the process of creating an album, please be assured that
your data has been sent to our site. You may try refreshing the browser
window or reloading the page in a few moments.
--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

oups.com...

Old February 22nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Carole-

I just went in and did a "refresh" on my WebShots. There's only been
about 200 clicks, so I don't think that's too excessive? Have you
tried the other links with photos and directions? The postcards are
quick and fun. We'd love to have you join us!

Old February 22nd 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'll chime in here just in case someone is on the fence about joining in due
to time constraints or just worrying about whether or not it's something
they can do. I'd never even heard of these postcards until Leslie posted
some pictures of hers. They were such fun to see that I joined the swap.
I'm certainly not the most creative person on earth. I tend to over think
things and suffer from "paralysis by analysis". I'm not an "idea" person.
When I saw Leslie's postcards I thought that they might be just the thing to
free me up a bit. Yesterday I made my first one. I decided up front that I
would "just do it". I only looked at the size requirement and how the back
should look. Even though Leslie provided the how-to, I didn't want to
follow anything. Just work through and enjoy the process. If something
worked - great; if not I'll tweak the process for the next one. I had some
odds and ends in the stash that actually sparked an idea! Because these are
small and quick, it didn't have to be a GREAT idea, just a thought. It's a
great opportunity to try something new with your sewing machine, i.e., some
stitches or a technique that's new to you. I spent a couple of hours and
had a blast! I didn't spend any time planning; I used what I had on hand.
I'm happy with the result and am going to make a few more with this "theme".
Even better, I thought of some other things to try while I was working. The
whole thing was very relaxing and a step in the right direction for me. I
felt like a kid just playing. As far as the actual swap is concerned, there
is no number commitment. If you can make one and send it in, you'll get one
back. You don't have to decide up front at all.
--
Donna973
There is no MAYBE in my reply address

Old February 22nd 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If you look at the link in the original post, there is no space between
the URL and the start of the next sentence, so remove the "Here" from
the end of the URL and try again. Or try:

http://community.webshots.com/album/538623732Ygytfm

HTH