Sticky notes on your monitor

Old October 31st 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Sticky notes on your monitor

A friend sent me the cutest free software for sticky notes. The wee little
icon sits unobtrusively on the bottom of the screen until needed. Of
course, it may be years before I learn all its capabilities but just to
begin with I can write little yellow notes, retrieve them on top of any
program in progress and get rid of them with a click. DH wonders if I'll
have the entire screen covered with notes soon. I guess it could happen but
I've already learned to delete them and I think (?) there's a way to store
them. somewhere. somehow. maybe later.
The free program is
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/download.html
Try it the next time you 'put away' something in a place you may never think
of again. Polly

Old October 31st 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

A friend sent me the cutest free software for sticky notes. The wee little
icon sits unobtrusively on the bottom of the screen until needed. Of
course, it may be years before I learn all its capabilities but just to
begin with I can write little yellow notes, retrieve them on top of any
program in progress and get rid of them with a click.

You've been able to do that on Macs for close on 20 years - in System
7.5, whenever that was.

So when I got System 7.5, I thought "what a neat idea" and started
using them straight off. I'm not usually an early adopter but this
seemed terrific.

I think they lasted three days before I decided they were more of
an annoyance than a help and disabled them.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old October 31st 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, yes, Jack. I suppose the same could be said of husbands. Polly
"Jack Campin wrote

Old October 31st 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

often in less than three days too.
oh well.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old October 31st 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Oct 30, 8:12*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
A friend sent me the cutest free software for sticky notes. *The wee little
icon sits unobtrusively on the bottom of the screen until needed. *Of
course, it may be years before I learn all its capabilities but just to
begin with I can write little yellow notes, retrieve them on top of any
program in progress and get rid of them with a click. *DH wonders if I'll
have the entire screen covered with notes soon. *I guess it could happen but
I've already learned to delete them and I think (?) there's a way to store
them. *somewhere. *somehow. *maybe later.
* * The free program ishttp://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/download.html
Try it the next time you 'put away' something in a place you may never think
of again. *Polly

Oh, I remember sticky notes! When I worked at the newspaper I had them
on
my old Mac IICi. Like 1993 or so. I used them a lot.
I don't think there was a method to store them back then. You could
minimize them
so that just the yellow stripe showed. They came in all colors.
I might try that program. Deja vu. It will remind me of my cubicle
era.

Sherry
Old October 31st 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:03:01 -0500, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote
(in article ):

A friend sent me the cutest free software for sticky notes. The wee little
icon sits unobtrusively on the bottom of the screen until needed. Of
course, it may be years before I learn all its capabilities but just to
begin with I can write little yellow notes, retrieve them on top of any
program in progress and get rid of them with a click.

You've been able to do that on Macs for close on 20 years - in System
7.5, whenever that was.

So when I got System 7.5, I thought "what a neat idea" and started
using them straight off. I'm not usually an early adopter but this
seemed terrific.

I think they lasted three days before I decided they were more of
an annoyance than a help and disabled them.

I use them on my Mac of and on. They can be helpful for quick notes and then
they can disappear once I'm done with them. Just like the real ones.

Maureen

Old November 1st 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lynne in toronto

HAHAHAHAHAHH!! Good one Polly!

Lynne in Toronto

(Glad to see old curmudgeon Jack is still around.)

On Oct 30, 10:12*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Well, yes, Jack. *I suppose the same could be said of husbands. *Polly
"Jack Campin wrote

I think they lasted three days before I decided they were more of
an annoyance than a help and disabled them.- Hide quoted text -

Old November 1st 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thanks, Lynne. I thought it was. I reckon everybody else is out Trick or
Treating . . . or hiding chocolate from the little kids. =) Polly

"lynne in toronto" wrote

HAHAHAHAHAHH!! Good one Polly!

Old November 1st 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

I sent that link to my daughter and she immediately sent me back this link:

http://www.chicklet.com/screen.png

Smart aleck. she thinks the sun shines out of that's thing's.... USB port

Cindy

OT- monitor lizard Kate T. Quilting 1 September 18th 09 05:58 PM
OT - Don't squint at your monitor Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 0 December 1st 05 09:13 PM
free flatscreen monitor or tv Owen Beads 1 September 15th 04 05:30 AM
New monitor so I'm back Cher Yarn 3 November 24th 03 02:58 AM
I get to get a new monitor! (pc) Olwynmary Yarn 1 September 12th 03 07:34 PM