OT OT - he's got a "real" cast

Old July 28th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT OT - he's got a "real" cast

Still no weight, but DS has a cast now (in black) and says he's much more
comfortable. He's also allowed to go back to weight training - upper body
only.

Cheryl

Old July 28th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
thistletoes

On Jul 27, 5:36 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Still no weight, but DS has a cast now (in black) and says he's much more
comfortable. He's also allowed to go back to weight training - upper body
only.

Cheryl

That is super news. And the black cast will hide dirt.
Deb

Old July 28th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

thistletoes wrote:
On Jul 27, 5:36 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Still no weight, but DS has a cast now (in black) and says he's much more
comfortable. He's also allowed to go back to weight training - upper body
only.

Cheryl

That is super news. And the black cast will hide dirt.
Deb

You get fashionable casts now? Suddenly I feel really old...
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old July 28th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

You get fashionable casts now? Suddenly I feel really old...

Yup, all the designer colors - neon pink, chartrueuse, and black!

Great news Cheryl!

Linda

Old July 28th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Bruce" wrote in message
thistletoes wrote:
On Jul 27, 5:36 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Still no weight, but DS has a cast now (in black) and says he's much
more
comfortable. He's also allowed to go back to weight training - upper
body
only.

Cheryl

That is super news. And the black cast will hide dirt.
Deb

You get fashionable casts now? Suddenly I feel really old...
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
www.stronsay.co.uk/claremont
(Remove teeth to reply)

I had the choice of purple, white, pink or blue when I broke my ankle three
months ago! I chose purple, but had to have it taken off again a couple of
days later anyway! That was even scarier!!! THEN they told me (and
demonstrated) that the buzz saw they cut it with won`t cut skin anyway - I
wish they`d told me that before they started!

Pat

Old July 29th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/28/07 11:18 AM, in article ,
"Bruce" wrote:
You get fashionable casts now? Suddenly I feel really old...

Oh the choices were amazing. White, flesh, bright pink, neon yellow, bright
blue, black, glow in the dark.
And google tells there are more
http://suppliescentral.net/cast_kit.html

I suspect that in the UK you will get the practical, plain, white
(cheap!) cast if you go NHS and the multi-coloured versions will only be
available to those who go private.
Old July 29th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/29/07 9:46 AM, in article ,
"Bruce" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/28/07 11:18 AM, in article
,
"Bruce" wrote:
You get fashionable casts now? Suddenly I feel really old...

Oh the choices were amazing. White, flesh, bright pink, neon yellow, bright
blue, black, glow in the dark.
And google tells there are more
http://suppliescentral.net/cast_kit.html

I suspect that in the UK you will get the practical, plain, white
(cheap!) cast if you go NHS and the multi-coloured versions will only be
available to those who go private.

According to the nurse who did the cast, the colors don't cost more...but
thank heavens for insurance...C

Old July 29th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Bruce ) writes:

I suspect that in the UK you will get the practical, plain, white
(cheap!) cast if you go NHS and the multi-coloured versions will only be
available to those who go private.
--
Bruce Fletcher

And here is Canada, there is no choice; there is only public health with
no possibility of any private medical treatment.