OT - cats and dogs (again)

Old July 12th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default OT - cats and dogs (again)

Seen on the base of a refrigerator door
Dear Dogs and Cats,
The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other
dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in
the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming
your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the
slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating
me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I
fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry
about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure
your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they
sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other
stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking
tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to
maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by
some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not
necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw
under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the
same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -
feline attendance is not required.

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our
front door:
To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:
1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who
is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.
And finally,
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children !
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old July 12th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Chelsea

Default Cross Stitch Weekend

Come join us this November 2'd and 3'd for a weekend of Stitching,
getting together, getting away and Oh did I mention Stitching? This Stitch
Retreat will be held in Rockwood, Pa. at the Trenthouse Inn.

Newly renovated Victorian home is a National Historic Landmark. The
Trenthouse Inn is surrounded by a 4,000 acre state park with many summer and
winter activities, and only 4 miles from Seven Springs Resort. Plus
shopping and dining areas close to the Trenthouse Inn if you need to stretch
your legs.
This historic home has a parlor, a library, formal dining room, full
kitchen, sitting room and wrap around porch (weather premitting), plenty of
stitching room. Also there is a Marketplace and Delicatessen on the premises
for those snacking needs. Included in the modest price is a candlelight
breakfest in the formal dinning room, evening glass of wine or beer,
hor'doevres and bedtime is greeted with cookies.
So please call now for further details and reservations, time is flying,
places are limited so call now!

Total cost of the weekend will be determined as to the number of attendees,
not yet specified.

For more information please call 724-282-5118

Thank You

Old July 13th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Bruce wrote:
[...]

Snicker - and forwarded to a friend with cats.

MargW
(who can't have any fur babies due to asthma - waaahhh!)

OT - More Cats and Dogs stuff VManes Beads 3 March 8th 04 08:06 AM
dogs and cats Taria Quilting 19 October 7th 03 04:17 AM
OT - dogs & cats Cindy S. Quilting 1 September 24th 03 12:12 AM
It's raining Cats and Dogs Christina Peterson Beads 5 August 3rd 03 06:12 PM