Changing tastes?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 11th 05, 07:10 PM
Lisa Ellis

Default Changing tastes?

I walked into my LQS this weekend and my friend who works there said she
had some quilt blocks for me...another friend had given them to her, to
pass on to me. There were block of the month blocks, from 1995. The
reason our friend decided to give them to me was that I had lusted after
them. The funny thing is that I couldn't remember the blocks, even
though I found the block I made.

The blocks were four appliqué hearts, set with sashing and corner
stones. Most were pastels or 30's repro material. I recognized the
block I made because I used actual 30's material (and there was a piece
of tape with my name on the back). While the blocks are nice, I can't
imagine lusting after them. I will put the blocks together, but I
wouldn't make anything like them now.

This incedent has driven home the fact that my tastes have changed over
the years. Certainly, I prefer brighter, more intense colors. How
about you?

lisae