OT - pay rise negotiations

Old March 11th 11, 10:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce[_4_]

Default OT - pay rise negotiations

Employee: Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?
Boss: Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?
Employee: Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this
prestigious firm for over ten years.
Boss: Yes.
Employee: I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise. I
currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you
first.
Boss: A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not
the right time.
Employee: I understand your position, and I know that the current
economic down turn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also
take into consideration my hard work, pro- activeness and loyalty to
this company for over a decade.
Boss: Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want
to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and
an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound?
Employee: Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir!
Boss: Just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?
Employee: Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the
Mortgage Company!

Old March 12th 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Mar 11, 2:31*am, Bruce wrote:

Employee: Great! * It's a deal! * Thank you, sir!
Boss: Just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?
Employee: *Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the
Mortgage Company!

Good one!!....LOL!!

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

You guys pay too much Rwalling Beads 2 March 4th 05 08:53 PM
you guys pay too much Rwalling Marketplace 0 March 4th 05 05:15 PM
you guys pay too much Rwalling Doll Houses 0 March 4th 05 05:14 PM
to pay εΧΗΕΞΙΚ Polymer Clay 0 October 21st 03 10:41 AM
Negotiations Elizabeth Bonello Needlework 1 September 18th 03 10:48 PM