Chihuly at the de Yound

Old March 28th 11, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

Default Chihuly at the de Yound

I had said I would post some pics of Chihuly at the de Young museum in
San Francisco.
The pics don't do it justice....it was beyond gorgeous!! Here's the
link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kytravelrn

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old March 28th 11, 07:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

Default Chihuly at the de Young

On Mar 27, 11:44*pm, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I had said I would post some pics of Chihuly at the de Young museum in
San Francisco.
The pics don't do it justice....it was beyond gorgeous!! *Here's the
link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kytravelrn

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

oops...de Young....not de Yound!!
Old March 28th 11, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/28/11 2:44 AM, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I had said I would post some pics of Chihuly at the de Young museum in
San Francisco.
The pics don't do it justice....it was beyond gorgeous!! Here's the
link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kytravelrn

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

very nice

some day, there will a show of his works I can get to!
Old March 28th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

Default Chihuly & Colonial Embroidery at MFA Boston

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

On 3/28/11 2:44 AM, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:

I had said I would post some pics of Chihuly at the de Young museum
in San Francisco.
The pics don't do it justice....it was beyond gorgeous!! Here's the
link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kytravelrn

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

very nice

some day, there will a show of his works I can get to!

It's coming! The MFA will have a Chihuly exhibition from April 10 to August
7. Also, they will have an exhibition of Embroideries of Colonial Boston
from April 2 to August 28. Come down for a day and you can do them both!

And if you do, I'm just down the street from the museum.

Haven't checked RCTN in a while, what with four hospitalizations in 2010 and
newly arthritic fingers, but I do look in occasionally.

Felice

Old March 28th 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2011-03-28, Felice wrote:
[...]

Ooh. I need to find time to come on down.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Old March 28th 11, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Old March 29th 11, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Mar 28, 4:35*am, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:44:30 -0700 (PDT), Cathy from KY in CA

wrote:
I had said I would post some pics of Chihuly at the de Young museum in
San Francisco.
The pics don't do it justice....it was beyond gorgeous!! *Here's the
link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kytravelrn

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Very interesting, love the candles in the logs.

The candles in the logs were about 10 feet tall. Some pieces took up
an entire room...such as this one.!!
Some of the pieces were overhead...lying on a glass ceiling...the
cherub was one of those.
Old March 29th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2011-03-28, wrote:
"Cheryl wrote in message

[...]

Ditto - but for coming up instead of down ;^)

Nice to see you back, Felice. Hope you're doing well.

ellice

Old March 29th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 3/28/11 2:44 AM, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I had said I would post some pics of Chihuly at the de Young museum in
San Francisco.
The pics don't do it justice....it was beyond gorgeous!! Here's the
link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kytravelrn

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

very nice

some day, there will a show of his works I can get to!

Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Chihuly: Through the Looking Glass
April 10, 2011 - August 7, 2011

--
There is no such thing as being beneath one's dignity to put in an honest
day's work. Work *is* what gives us our dignity, as well as our sense of
Old March 30th 11, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Chihuly: Through the Looking Glass
April 10, 2011 - August 7, 2011

When we went they have a movie that is about an hour or so long for
you to go watch after
you go thru the exhibit. It was very crowded so we decided to watch
the film first. We were
glad we did because it shows him working and making all his pieces.
Each collection has a theme
and he would tell you about each theme and what inspired him to make
it.

We found it more interesting as we went thru, to know all this as we
looked at each collection.

Each room was just more amazing than the last! There are HUGE pieces
that hang from the ceiling. In the
last room, the exhibit is the length of a huge room and pieces in it
are about 15 feet tall!!

Go early and plan for the whole day......we went through all the rooms
several times...and each time, we would
see things we had missed before.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Chihuly at Kew Su/Cutworks Beads 30 May 24th 05 12:20 AM
Chihuly at Kew Gardens Su/Cutworks Glass 1 May 20th 05 02:59 PM
Chihuly Exhibit in Atlanta Dave Mundt Glass 1 November 14th 04 04:48 PM
AD- NEW Lampwork - including Chihuly exhibit inspirations! Cheryl Beads 8 November 12th 03 01:17 AM