Singing praises

Old February 15th 11, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Singing praises

Well, I don't know how, but I lost the chart to a kit I was 99% done on. It
bookmark of hollyhocks and I was down to the backstitching.

So I contacted the nice folks at Textile Heritage and while the kits was
discontinued many years ago, they found it in their archives and mailed me a
copy.

Yes, I could have faked the backstitching, but in this case, I just felt I
wouldn't do the piece justice with just the picture for a guideline.

BUT - next time I see a piece from them I like, it's just going to come home
with me. Have to repay great service like that some how.

Cheryl

Old February 15th 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/15/11 10:26 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Well, I don't know how, but I lost the chart to a kit I was 99% done on. It
bookmark of hollyhocks and I was down to the backstitching.

So I contacted the nice folks at Textile Heritage and while the kits was
discontinued many years ago, they found it in their archives and mailed me a
copy.

Great news. They're really nice people from TH, their reps in the US have
always been really lovely to deal with, talk to when I've met them at the
trade shows.

Yes, I could have faked the backstitching, but in this case, I just felt I
wouldn't do the piece justice with just the picture for a guideline.

No doubt you would've done fine, but it's understandable to want to be sure.

BUT - next time I see a piece from them I like, it's just going to come home
with me. Have to repay great service like that some how.

Cheryl

That's nice. Their kits are great, IMHO. Similarly, a while back (couple
of years?) I lost a chart from Raise the Roof designs. Wrote them,
including that the LNS I'd bought the piece from would verify it.
Completely kitted up already, with buttons, hand-dyed linen, etc - and not a
cheap chart. They were so nice - and actually sent me a new chart - though
asking me I think not to suggest doing this to others (as in don't spread it
around too much). But, great service, and you know I have a few other
charts of theirs.

Ellice

Old February 16th 11, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Feb 15, 10:46*am, "Ellice K." wrote:
On 2/15/11 10:26 AM, in article ,

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

I bought one of those Sweetheart Tree "kits" C is for Cat. It was a
small plastic case with a tiny
pattern and a few threads ($21.99!!). Someone had been in it and the
threads, especially the Wisper, was all
tied in knots.

I contacted ST via email about the threads. They said I had to send
the threads and the insert from the
kit before they would replace thread. Said I might be lying about
buying the kit. Too much trouble and time for a
few inches of thread!! Have never stitched it. They just took the fun
out!

I'm doing some serious housecleaning and purging and it is in the
Goodwill pile.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old February 16th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/16/11 8:17 AM, in article
, "Cathy

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

That's unfortunate. Although, having worked/managed some shops, I can
understand the designer dilemma. Sweetheart tree is a pretty big business,
and tampering/shoplifting sadly happens in LNS. That's why when I wrote to
Raise the Roof, I offered to send them a copy of the chart cover with the
price tag from the LNS, and told them where I'd bought it - and the LNS
would vouch (not that I could find the receipt). Sadly because there is so
much copyright infringement around - people copying and passing on charts,
etc - that it puts designers in awkward positions replacing things. Sorry
that you haven't gotten yours replaced & can't do the kit. I have the "d is
for dog" kit and it's not started yet, either.

Ellice

Old February 17th 11, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/16/11 8:17 AM, in article
, "Cathy

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

Send it my way - I'll rekit the threads and give to my Mom. She's looking
for a memorial for her cat and I know that one is right up her alley!

Cheryl

Old February 18th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Feb 17, 5:07*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 2/16/11 8:17 AM, in article
, "Cathy

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

I went to Goodwill after work yesterday!!

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Old February 18th 11, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/17/11 8:29 PM, in article
, "Cathy

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:
[...]

No worries! glad it's going to a good home. It will make someone happy I
hope!

Cheryl